Opening doors with Level 1 Locks in Hogwarts Legacy is important as they usually have valuable loot hidden behind them. There are several such areas of interest in the game which are locked. You will come across many doors in and around the castle. If you want to know how to unlock it, then follow our guide till the end.
How to Unlock Level 1 Locks in Hogwarts Legacy
Firstly, you will need to learn the Alohomora spell to open Level 1 locks in Hogwarts Legacy. Once the spell is activated, simply go towards any door with a Level 1 lock. Now comes the tricky part. After interacting with it, you will enter into a lock picking minigame. In this minigame, you will find a green and red wheel which rotate independently from each other. We have explained a step-by-step process of completing this lock picking minigame below:
- First, move the outer green wheel as shown below. You can move the dial by using the joystick on your controller.
- The trick is to find a sweet spot while rotating the wheel. Once the green light on the wheel is facing the perfect spot, the two wheels in the bottom right will rotate.
- The mini wheels that rotate at the bottom will indicate that you have found the right spot and are halfway there.
- Now, while holding the green wheel in the same direction with your joystick, start moving the red wheel to open the Level 1 lock.
- Follow the same method for the red wheel. When the two tiny red wheels within it start rotating, it will mean that you have hit the right spot.
- Hold all of them still and the lock will open instantly!
With that, you will finally open the door with the Level 1 lock in Hogwarts Legacy. Make sure that you have learned the Alohomora spell. If you haven’t then here’s how to do it:
How to Learn the Alohomora Spell
You can learn the Alohomora spell during the quest – ‘The Caretaker’s Lunar Lament’.The caretaker Gladwyn Moon will ask you to recover two Demiguise statues. At the end of the mission, he will teach you how to cast the Alohomora spell. You will now be able to open locked doors with the help of it. The best thing about this spell is that you won’t have to worry about losing your spell slot. These are essential spells which means that they’ll always be active once you obtain them.
Also Read: How To Equip More Spells & Unlock More Magic Slots
That’s all you need to know about how to open Level 1 locks in Hogwarts Legacy. For similar guides like these, head to our Hogwarts Wiki page on Gamer Tweak.