Players who have purchased Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition are facing trouble with the game. It has been reported by several players that they are not able to boot into the game while trying to launch it from Steam. More specifically, an Anti Cheat programme will launch followed by the game’s logo, and boom! Nothing after that. To help you get through this problem, we have created this guide. Here’s how you can fix the Suicide Squad KTJL not launching on Steam error.
How to Fix Suicide Kill the Justice League Not Launching Error
After going through some posts on Reddit and Steam Community, it seems like this error has something to do with the Shaders. Don’t worry, there is nothing wrong with your GPU. But to fix it, you just need to use these steps:
- Press Windows + Run and type %appdata% in the text bar.
- In the next window, enter the Local folder and delete the Suicide Squad – Kill the Justice League folder.
- Next, relaunch the game and it should start normally.
The only downside of this solution is that you will have to do this each time before launching this game. Hopefully, this error will be fixed with the game’s official release on February 2, 2024.
Some think that Suicide Shaders Kill the Justice League is not working on Steam due to some issues with the Ray Tracing. However, I think it is not the problem as many of you might be using an advanced GPU for gaming. Just to be on the safe side, use this step to fix the problem:
- Go to C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Local\Suicide Squad – Kill the Justice League\Saved\Config\Steam\21181317\WindowsNoEditor
- After that, open the file named “GameUserSettings.ini” and press CTRL + F
- Find Raytracing in the text and change it from true to false (RayTracing = False)
This should fix the Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League launching error on Steam. Now that both possible problems are eliminated, you are good to go. For more information like this, feel free to check out our Suicide Squad KTJL Guides on Gamer Tweak.