Nintendo Switch Officially Outsold NES With Over 68 Million Units Sold
As part of the annual report for the past quarter, Nintendo pointed out that the Switch has now sold more than 68 million times worldwide. At the same time, the Japanese company gave the latest figures on the most successful in-house Switch titles.
A few hours ago, the traditional Japanese company Nintendo also presented its annual report for the quarter that ended September 30, 2020.
As can be seen in the annual report, among other things, 68 million Nintendo Switch systems were sold between July 1, 2020, and September 30, 2020. The system, which was launched on the market in March 2017, now has an installed hardware base of 68.3 million consoles worldwide. It also says that Nintendo decided to increase its sales forecast for the 2020/2021 financial year (April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021) from 19 to 24 million Switch systems sold.
With a look at software sales, Nintendo added that 49.81 million Switch games were sold in the said quarter. With 28.99 million games sold by September 30, 2020, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to be the most successful Nintendo game on Switch.
The other places followed by titles such as Animal Crossing: New Horizons with 26.04 million buyers and the fighting title Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which found a little more than 21 million buyers. Here are the top 10 most successful Nintendo games on Switch.
The ten most successful Nintendo Switch Games
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 28.99 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 21.10 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19.74 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 19.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.99 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.49 million
- Super Mario Party – 12.10 million
- Splatoon 2 – 11.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 8.32 million