New World has been out for a while now and has seen some significant updates. But like most other games this game is also prone to some occasional minor bugs that appear from time to time. And one such bug is autorun suddenly stopping to work. This can be a bit annoying as autorun is one of the most basic but important features of the game. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix autorun in New World.
How to Fix Autorun in New World
There are two known fixes for this issue.
- Harvest: While this may sound like the most bizarre fix but it apparently works. To fix autorun all you need to do is harvest something. You can try harvesting flint or bushes or anything. And after you do that, if you try to autorun it should start working again.
- Log in – Log out: If you tried the above trick of harvesting but for some reason, it didn’t work for you then this trick should work. Simply log out of the game and log in again. Once you log in again the autorun feature should start working again.
Here are some of the general fixes that you can try if the above tricks didn’t work.
- Restart the game: Close the game completely and start it again.
- Reset Settings to default: Having custom keybinds for certain controls can sometimes be an issue. But this can be easily fixed by resetting the controls to default. If autorun starts working now then simply map your desired key again.
- Restart your PC: This trick might help if nothing else works as it is the most basic fix in the book.
That covers everything you need to know about how to fix the autorun bug in New World. If you like playing this game then be sure to check out our other guides on all Halloween skins and interactive resource maps for New World.