If you have purchased NBA 2k22 and can’t wait to play on your Xbox Series X or S, but aren’t able to because it’s crashing at startup and simply won’t launch, here’s a guide for you. Try these tips and potential fixes to resolve the issue so that you can jump into your favorite franchise’s new game right away.
How to Fix NBA 2k22 Crashing on Xbox Series X | S
As you know, NBA 2k22 ideally should not crash at startup on a new-gen console, but there are a few things you need to check to ensure that things run smoothly.
- Check if your Xbox Series X | S is updated with the latest software update.
- Ensure that NBA 2k22’s latest patch is installed as well.
- Check if your internet is working properly and is stable.
- Restart your Xbox.
- Power cycle your Console.
- Delete the local save file and resync with the cloud to get your save back.
- To do this, press the Xbox button on your controller and select My Games and Apps.
- Choose See All and select NBA 2k22.
- Choose Manage Game and Add-ons > Saved Data > Delete all.
- This will delete your local save data.
NBA 2k22 Crashing on Xbox Series X Workaround Fix
According to Youtuber Nvad3, there’s a workaround that you can do to avoid the crashes and continue playing the game without problems.
- Load up the game.
- Go to MyCareer.
- Keep pressing/mashing Up on your controller’s d-pad.
- This will bring up the map which will then allow you to play NBA 2k22 without crashing on your Xbox Series X | S.
- Apparently, the issue is related to the menu, so if you end up on the menu, the game may crash again.
Hopefully, the developers fix this issue as soon as possible in an upcoming patch. For more latest tips and coverage related to NBA 2k22, stay with Gamer Tweak!