Many fans want the answer to MultiVersus vs Smash Bros, which is better. Smash Bros is a Nintendo-exclusive game that has been around since the N64. And while MultiVersus has been out only recently its player base has been nothing but growing. So in this guide let us check which is better MultiVersus or Smash Bros Ultimate.
MultiVersus Vs Smash Bros
MultiVersus and Smash Bros both have things going for them so you can’t exactly call one better than the other. If anything MultiVersus takes the Smash Bros’ fighting formula and gives it its own unique touch. And one of the most common things one can notice in these arguments is the game that comes later is called a clone. But it is safe to say that while MultiVersus pays its respects to Smash Bros, it definitely is not a clone. Here are the major differences between both games.
- Combat Focus: MultiVersus encourages players to understand their character’s role and play accordingly. There are 5 roles in this game. So when you play a 2v2 match in MultiVersus. Let us say Team 1 is a tank and brawler and Team 2 is a brawler and brawler. Team 1 will perform far better when the tank plays its role when and takes the damage while the brawler works on damaging the enemy team. But this isn’t exactly the case with Smash Bros, each character in Smash Bros fights in such a way that they are more suited for 1v1. Thus combat focus is the biggest difference in both the games.
- Free-to-play model: MultiVersus has one thing that Smash Bros doesn’t and that is its free-to-play model. While it may appear dull at first, making a game free allows a lot more players to access it. And speaking of accessibility the game is also available on PlayStation and Xbox. This makes it very easy to pick up and play with friends.
- But that doesn’t directly harm Smash Bros because even if it is a Nintendo exclusive, the Nintendo-exclusive characters it has in the game come from past games. And these are the games many have loved and played over the years. So it being a Nintendo exclusive just makes it all the more special for those players.
- Characters: As we have already touched on characters a bit. Smash Bros roster is made up of the characters from major Nintendo titles like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and more. But it doesn’t stop there in Smash Ultimate we have characters like Sephiroth, Kazuya, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve & Alex, and more.
- But while MultiVersus may not have the nostalgia from fan-favorite games. It does make up for it by bringing fan-favorite characters like Batman, Wonder woman, Bugs Bunny, Shaggy, and Morty. And the game is still adding characters. So we are yet to see more characters in the future.
That covers this guide on MultiVersus Vs Smash Bros Ultimate and which is better. If you like playing this game then be sure to check out our MultiVersus guides to get more help with it.