Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are finally here, and the first thing fans of these games think about is whether there’s an option to play multiplayer with friends. Thankfully, you can enjoy online co-op multiplayer in Pokemon SV by following a few simple steps. Here’s how to host an online session or join one with other players and explore the world, trade Pokemon or battle them.
How to Play Pokemon Scarlet and Violet with Friends (Co-op Multiplayer)
- To play Pokemon SV multiplayer with friends online, you will need to have an active subscription to Nintendo Switch Online to access it via the internet.
- You will also need to have access to the Poke Portal.
- Once you have these, press X to open the menu, and after you have highlighted Poke Portal, press A.
- Make sure that you are in Online mode. You can check the same at the top right section of the screen.
- From here, go to Union Circle.
- Now, you can start multiplayer by either choosing to Form a Group or Join a Group.
How to Join a Pokemon Scarlet and Violet group?
- If your friend is hosting a game, get the link code from them. They can find it at the bottom left section of the game screen under Link Code.
- Once you have the code, type it in the window that appears after you have selected ‘Join a group’.
- This will add you to the online session. Now the host can begin the game.
How to Host a Game Session in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
- Open up the Poke Portal > Union Circle.
- Select Form a Group.
- Check the Link Code at the bottom left of the screen.
- Share the code with your friends.
- Wait for them to add the code to enter your game session and then you, as the host, have to start it by selecting Set out Together.
How to Unlock Poke Portal?
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet players can start playing with friends online once they have accessed the Poke Portal. For this feature, make sure that you have played the game for at least 1 hour and it will get unlocked. What you need to do is reach a Pokemon Center first after which the Poke Portal will be accessible.
How to Play Local Co-op in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
You can play with your friends locally by not being connected to the internet and having the Offline mode on. After doing this, you can open up the Poke Portal > Union Circle and form/join a group from there.
How to Leave a Co-op Group in Pokemon SV?
To leave the group, follow the steps below:
- Open up Poke Portal > Union Circle and click on Leave your group or Disband your group. The options are different for the host of the session and the group members.
- Confirm this action by tapping on Yes and that’s it.
Those are all the steps you need to follow to explore various regions and play together. If you liked this guide, make sure to check more Pokemon Scarlet & Violet tips and tricks here on Gamer Tweak.