Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord cheats Guide – How to Use Console Commands
Become a God
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord cheats can make you invincible in the game. It is very easy to enable cheats in Bannerlord, all you have to do is modify a single config file and unlock various possibilities. The problem with using Banner lord cheat is the game does not has a console command, where you can type cheats. But thankfully there is a way to use the command by pressing hotkeys. For example Ctrl + H will restore health to 100%. To use this feature first you will have to enable cheats in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord by editing a config file and second you will need the list of all cheat codes and what they do. This guide will help you in solving both the problems.
So here is how you can turn on cheats in Bannerlord and the list of entire console command along with tier keyword shortcuts, as well as detail on what every cheat code do.
How to enable Cheats in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord?
This is the simplest part, thankfully you don’t need to install any mod to turn on the console command in the game. The cheat codes can be enabled by editing one single file. Follow the steps below.
- Go to C:\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord. C is the default installation directory for Windows, if you had installed your OS to D or any other drive then look into that partition.
- Inside Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder look for engine_config.txt file. Copy this file to some other folder as a Backup, just in case if there i any issue you can replace it.
- Right click on engine_config.txt and choose Open With > Notepad.
- Search for cheat_mode = 0. Change the vault o 1 and press Ctrl + S to save the file.
That’s it, cheats are not turned on, you can use various hotkeys that are listed to below to use cheats in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. If you want to turn off cheats then go to the same folder and modify the file value to 0.
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Cheat Codes Hotkeys
Now cheats are enabled and you can use them by pressing a combination of keys on the keyword. For advanced features like adding Money or Add Gold, you will have to unlock Developers Console in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. Below is the list of regular keys you can use and later you can read below on how to enable Developer Consoles, along with the list of all commands which are like Cheats but used in a different way.
- Restore full Health – Ctrl + H.
- Heal your Horse – Ctrl + Shift + H.
- Knock out your Horse – Ctrl + Shift + F3.
- Knock out a enemy in combat – Ctrl + F4.
- Knock out the entire army – Ctrl + Alt + F4.
- Knock out one your own soldier – Ctrl + F2.
- Knock out an player or yourself – Ctrl + F3.
- Teleport – Ctrl + Left Click. Hold Ctrol and press Left click anywhere on the map to teleport.
How to enable Cheat Console In Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
Now we will go with the advanced ways, above you can see by changing the value of engine_config.txt we can use cheats with keyboard shortcuts. Now going further there are many console commands. These commands can only work in Developers Consoles. By default Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord does not has Developers Console in it, we will be using a Mod to enable it first, and then using the list of various console commands you can turn on God Mod. Just type it and hit enter. So let’s begin.
- Download Developer Console for Bannerlord from Nexusmod.
- Extrac the zip file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules.
- Launch Bannerlord and then tick go to Single Player > Mod tab. Add a tick on Developer Console.
This is how you can enable Developer Console in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, after doing this below are the list of all console commands you can use.
To launch Developer Console in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord press Ctrl + ~ (tilde) key. Use the same key to close it. The console commands or cheat codes below are case sensitive. You have to type them exactly as they are listed below. Any mistakes and it will not work. With more than 400 console commands you can do almost anything in the game. To save your time and keep things easy I am only adding the important console commands here. Before you jump to the list of all console commands here are some the important one to use first.
How to add Gold using Developer Console?
You can add any amount of gold in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord using a simple cheat once you enable Developer Console. Press ~ and then type campaign.add_gold_to_hero 5000 to add 5000 gold. Replace the value of 5000 to 10,000 to instantly get the amount of Gold you want in the game. Minimum efforts and maximum results.
How to Level Up your Hero In Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord?
Leveling up is the biggest grinding in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, you might have to go through various objectives to reach a decent rank. But using the Developers Console you can instantly level up your character without doing anything. Press ~ and type campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero to level up your character instantly in the game.
How to add influence, renown and focus point In Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord?
Similar to add Gold in the game you can instantly add the number of influence you need Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. Press ~ and type campaign.add_influence 50. Replace the value with the amount of influence you want in the game. The cheat to increase renown is campaign.add_renown_to_clan 50. For adding focus point type campaign.add_focus_points_to_hero 15. Just modify the value in the end to get desired results.
How to add Troops or get list of all Troops ID using Developer Console?
To add troops to your army you will have to find the Troop ID. Then you can add the value which is equal to the amount of troops you want in the game. Use the below console commands.
- List of Troop IDs: campaign.give_troops help
- Adding Troops: campaign.give_troops troopid 5
If you want to add some archers in your troop then this will be the perfect example of console cheat. – campaign.give_troops imperial_archer 20.
How to cancel or complete current quest?
You can instantly complete current quest by using the console commands, you can also cancel or pull the list of active quest.
- campaign.list_active_quests – Gives you list of Active Quests.
- campaign.complete_active_quest – Complete Current Quest.
- campaign.cancel_active_quest – Cancel Active Quest.
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord List of All Console Commands
I had created a separate guide for all four hundred plus cheats for the game. If you want to check the big list then click here – Developers Console Commands List. But if you want to avoid that and only want to know the important console commands then keep reading below. I am listing up only the important ones like console commands for health, troops, gold, horse, etc.
So this how you can cheat in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. With hotkeys you can turn on the Developers Console using the mod and do a lot more.