Minecraft is a sandbox game that has its quirks. Some of these quirks occur due to certain glitches and some of these are just glitches. One such famous Glitch is the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft. Many Duplication Glitches were present and were patched in later versions. But as and when newer versions are released, new Duplication Glitches arise as well. In today’s guide, I will show you some of the Duplication Glitches that are present in the Minecraft 1.18 Update.
Minecraft 1.18 Duplication Glitches List (2022)
In simple words, the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft is a process that allows the player to duplicate a certain item. This was not meant to be in the game but it exists. Some of these Glitches are not game-breaking while some make the game too easy. Here are some of the Duplication Glitches I found for Minecraft 1.18.
Tripwire Duplication Glitch
In this Glitch, we will be duplicating Tripwires. This comes in handy for when you have to trade to Villagers for Emeralds.
- To perform the Glitch, we will first need to face towards West.
- After which place a Piston facing East. Now place another Piston but facing towards West that is 2 Blocks far from the front of the first Piston. Place an Armor Stand in between the Pistons.
- At the first Piston, place 2 Blocks on each side of the Piston. It should be 2 blocks, Piston, and 2 Blocks again in a row.
- Looking towards the First Piston, place a Redstone Torch on the far block from your right and place Redstone Dust that connects to the Second Piston.
- Now above the Block that has the Redstone Torch, place Redstone Dust on it and connect it to the First Piston.
- Now take an Iron Trapdoor and place it on top of the Redstone Torch. It should be placed such that when the Trapdoor is closed it should cover the top of the Redstone Torch and when it is opened it should move in the anti-clockwise direction if you are looking at it.
- On the far Block on the left side (Your Perspective) of the First Piston, place a Block in front of it.
- Now on top of that block place a Trapdoor such that it opens and closes in the opposite direction to the First Trapdoor.
- Once that is done, place a Tripwire Hook on the inner sides of both Trapdoors and connect them with String.
- All you have to do is while shifting, spam right-click with the Tripwire Hook in your hand at the Iron Trapdoor and the Duplication Glitch will happen.
- This is how you can get infinite Tripwire Hooks with the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18.
Tile Blocks Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18
In the Tile Blocks Duplication Glitch, you will be able to duplicate Tile Blocks like Carpets and Rails of any kind. If you wanted an infinite Fuel source or make a dope Rollercoaster, now is your chance.
- First, you will need to be facing North in Minecraft 1.18.
- Now place a Block down and place a Slime Block on top of that.
- Place another Slime Block to the right (Your perspective) of the first Slime Block.
- Once that is done, place an Observer facing into the first Slime Block.
- Place a Block behind that Observer and another on to the right side (Your perspective) of the Block.
- Now place a Sticky Piston in between the recently placed Block and the Second Slime Block such that it is looking at the Slime Block.
- At the top of the 2 Blocks, place Redstone Dust, and at the side of the Block that is behind the Observer place a Lever.
- Now your Tile Duplication Glitch Farm is ready, all you have to do is place either Carpets or Rails above the Slime Blocks.
- Once you are on and off the Lever, the Glitch Farm will start and produce an infinite amount of Tile Blocks.
- This is how you can get infinite Carpets and Rails with the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18.
Gravity Item Doubler Glitch
In this Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18, you will be able to double the number of Gravity Blocks you have. First, you will need to find the Stronghold and then the End Portal. Activate the End Portal. Now fill up the Lava under the End Portal and above those Blocks place Fence Gates. There are 9 Blocks of Lava, so you will need 9 Blocks to cover it and then 9 Fence Gates on top of each Block. Now from the edge of the End Portal, make a 6 Blocks high column of Blocks.
Now all you have to do is place your Gravity Blocks at the side of the topmost Block of your column such that it falls into the End Portal and goes to the End. Once you do that and then go to the End, you will see that the number of Items has doubled. This will work with any Gravity Blocks like Sand, Gravel, Dragon Egg, etc. To retrieve the Blocks, I would suggest using Ender Chests to Transport the Items to the Overworld. This is how you can get infinite Gravity Blocks with the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18.
The OP Duplication Glitch
This one is by far the best Duplication Glitch you can perform in Minecraft 1.18. It can duplicate any kind of Blocks.
- To perform it you will need to first put down a Barrel on the floor.
- Now open up your Options and go to your Video Settings.
- Under your Video Settings, put whatever options to the max like Biome Blend, Render Distance, Simulation Distance, Chunk Builder to Fully Blocking, Smooth Lighting to Maximum, Entity Distance to 500%, and other such Settings.
- Your game should start to lag at this point.
- From here you should click on Save and Quit to Title from the Escape Menu and go back into the game.
- Now put all of the items you want to duplicate in the Barrel.
- After this, press Ctrl+Shft+Esc together to pull up the Task Manager and End Task the OpenJDK Platform binary process.
- If everything is done right then it should give you an Error Message. After which you should go back into the game.
- Now if you check that Barrel then you will see the Items that you had put in plus the same Items are in your inventory.
- This has essentially doubled the number of items you had.
- You can also do the same thing with Chests.
- This is how you can get a Double of any Item with the Duplication Glitch in Minecraft 1.18.
These were the Duplication Glitches that are still working in Minecraft 1.18. If you want a visual aid to the steps then check out the video from Market. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check our guides on Best Level To Mine Iron & Farm Locations and Seeds Bedrock & Java in Minecraft 1.18.