Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Part 1 had many issues including Diamond mining issues. But with the latest minor update lot of the changes and patches are included. So here are the Minecraft Patch Notes 1.17.1 for both Java Edition & Bedrock Edition.
Minecraft Patch Notes 1.17.1
Here are the patch notes for both Java & Bedrock editions:
Java Edition 1.17.1
- Death messages
- Two previously untranslated death messages for some underwater mobs have given messages:
- <Name> died from dehydration
- <Name> died from dehydration whilst trying to escape <Name>
- Added Classical Chinese.
- Powder snow now fills cauldrons twice as fast as before.
- Tweaked held model texture to include glass on the backside.
- Blue axolotls now only spawn through breeding.
- Increased the drop probability of a copper ingot from 5% to 11%, and increased the drop rate with each level of Looting from 1% to 2%.
- This change is to match Bedrock Edition’s drop rates.
- Breeding common goats now have a 2% chance to produce screaming goats.
- Status effects applied to goats now also apply when the goat is jumping or ramming.
- Zombies, Zombie Villagers, Husks, and Drowned
- No longer pick up glow ink sacs.
- This prevents zombies from persisting after picking up the loot of a dead glow squid.
- Handshake packet padding method for “hostname” and “port” field has reverted to pre-1.17 when the server address which used is an SRV record.
- Now, data padded in these fields will use the address and port which SRV record pointed at, instead of using “server address” as “hostname” and 25565 as “port”.
- Some new characters have been added.
- Includes several currency symbols and some new emoji.
- The new characters are: ✂🍖🪣🔔⏳⚑₠₡₢₣₤₥₦₩₫₭₮₰₱₲₳₵₶₷₸₹₺₻₼₿
- Removed the following languages due to incomplete translations:
- East Allgovian German
- Deaths of named mobs are now logged.
Fixes Minecraft Patch Notes 1.17.1
- 46 issues fixed:
- From released versions before 1.17
- MC-123654 – Sun, moon, and/or clouds are not showing if render distance is below 4.
- MC-131290 – Enchantments are saved as shorts, but are loaded as and function with integer values.
- MC-156155 – Turkish lira sign (₺) appears as □ in the game.
- MC-194736 – Duplicate text mapping for U+00B7.
- MC-196999 – U+1FEC is wrong in Minecraft’s font.
- MC-223350 – Loaded chunks sometimes don’t render until the player moves their head slightly.
- MC-224894 – Light tickets are released too early.
- MC-213986 – Pistons, and dispensers can be used to create ghost blocks using powder snow.
- MC-219018 – Ghost items can be created using /item (server doesn’t update client inventory correctly).
- MC-219290 – Calcite is too quiet compared to other blocks.
- MC-221656 – Creative mode obtained bucket of axolotl/tropical fish only spawns one kind axolotl/tropical fish.
- MC-222731 – Captured axolotl constantly tries to leave the water.
- MC-223368 – Strength and weakness potions/custom attack damage attributes do not change the damage from goats.
- MC-225816 – Hanging Roots appear large when an item entity.
- MC-226461 – Logs can be replaced with the stone near lava pools.
- MC-226505 – Goat’s long jump is not affected by the jump boost effect.
- MC-226512 – Goats do not use the damage of held items when ramming entities.
- MC-226926 – Emerald ore generates too often.
- MC-226948 – Withers are now affected by potion effects.
- MC-227387 – World gen datapacks will likely crash or soft-lock the game.
- MC-227435 – Lag when placing heads of non-existent players when on servers.
- MC-227483 – root_system feature config’s codec uses a wrong field.
- MC-227520 – Overworld Fossils always generate at bedrock level.
- MC-227557 – End portal texture appears stretched after world conversion.
- MC-227618 – Small dripleaf is consumed without being placed when used on tall seagrass.
More From 1.17
- MC-227651 – Group for lapis lazuli ore smelting and blasting recipes is misspelled.
- MC-227821 – Client crashes when trying to create/edit realm immediately after deleting previous one.
- MC-227891 – Ender pearls despawn when a player logs out of a server.
- MC-228219 – Thrown ender pearls disappear upon entering the exit end portal.
- MC-228343 – java.lang.NullPointerException when random_selector default feature missing.
- MC-228430 – Very long loading pause while booting the game (“Failed to add PDH Counter”, caused by oshi).
- MC-228599 – Attempting to walk through flowing water constantly switches the player from swimming into normal mode.
- MC-228802 – Chunks not loading on a server / Cannot invoke cmq.a(int, int, int) because ☃ is null.
- MC-228828 – Specifying the –server parameter when starting the game, causes the game to crash.
- MC-228858 – Axolotls despawning though named and on leashes.
- MC-229169 – Piglins can no longer hear players breaking protected blocks through walls.
- MC-229191 – Diamond ore distribution changed between 1.16.5 and 1.17.
- MC-229246 – Piglins and piglin brutes no longer call other piglins after attacking one of them behind walls.
- MC-229299 – Blue axolotls can spawn naturally.
- MC-229441 – You can steal the item a villager is holding for trade by killing it.
- MC-229614 – Wandering Trader obtained tropical fish are only white kob.
- MC-230716 – death.attack.dryout and death.attack.dryout.player display raw translation strings (are untranslated).
- Duplication exploits with anvils.
- Fixed crashes.
- Fixed some critical issues.
Bedrock Edition 1.17.1 Minecraft Patch Notes
This update is only available for Nintendo Switch.
- 1 issue fixed:
- From 1.17.0
- MCPE-130282 – Nintendo Switch unable to connect to any server.
That’s everything you need to know about Minecraft Patch Notes 1.17.1. While you are waiting for Caves & Cliffs Part 2, make sure to check out Best 20 Texture Packs for Minecraft 1.17, Mods for Minecraft 1.17, or Best Minecraft 1.17 Seeds. For more guides like this visit our Minecraft Guides.