Marriage in Dragon Quest 11 is an optional part that is only available post-game. Once you finish the main story, you will be given the task to rebuild the Cobblestone and transform it into a crowded village. Post this, you will be tasked to complete the Disciplines Trial. Once cleared, you can then choose your desired partner to marry in the game. In this guide, we tell you all the options available for you to marry in Dragon Quest 11.
All Marriage Options In Dragon Quest 11
There is only one marriage option in Dragon Quest 11 and that is Gemma, your childhood sweetheart. You will be met with the following dialogue when you choose to marry her:
- ‘Do you take Gemma to be your lawfully wedded wife? Will you love her as long as you both shall live?’
This is the only proper marriage that will take place in the game. For other characters, you will marry them just to stay in a live-in. This will not be a proper marriage but more like a cohabitation. Here is a list of characters that you can cohabit within the game apart from Gemma:
Marriage Dialogues in Dragon Quest 11
Here are the cut-scene dialogues that you will see if you choose to marry someone else except Gemma. They all indicate that you are not actually in a marriage with them, they are just partners.
- Erik: I say we hunt it all down, split the take, and retire rich men. Deal?
- Jade: Lucky we’re going to be together for a while then, eh?
- Hendrik: May the bond between us never be broken.
- Veronica: We’ve got the rest of our lives ahead of us, after all! The Amazing Veronica will be with you to the end!
- Rab: I’ll never leave ye all alone like that again, my boy. I promise ye.
- Serena: All you need to know is that as long as I can be by your side, I’ll be the happiest woman in the world.
- Sylvando: We make a great team, you and I! The Great Sylvando, and the even greater Luminary!
So that is all for our guide on marriage options in Dragon Quest 11. Apart from this, we have covered some amazing gaming guides on our site that you might want to check out.