Magma Wyrm Makar is one of the optional bosses that you should fight in Elden Ring. This is an excellent enemy to fight because it drops the Magma Wyrm’s Scalesword and Dragon Heart upon defeat. You also get 24,000 Runes for beating it. So in this guide let us check how to beat Magma Wyrm Makar & its location. Do remember this is a separate boss and not the same as Magma Wyrm.
How to Beat Magma Wyrm Makar in Elden Ring
You can beat Magma Wyrm Makar by attacking it and depleting its health to zero. There are some moves that you should be aware of in order to avoid them.
- Magma Trails: A somewhat lame move but quite effective and damaging. It will leave a trail of magma while crawling. It crawls at a moderate pace but leaves a huge trail of magma behind.
- Tailwhip: One of the ways to attack him is by getting behind him. But a catch is it will do a tail whip randomly that covers a huge area. You can try guarding it if you have a good shield or rolling away from it if you can get the timing right.
- Sword slash or Sword pound: There are two moves that it does with its sword. It can either do a sword slash or it can pound the sword on the ground. Whenever you see it preparing its sword, start getting away from it to avoid getting hit.
After taking away 50% of its health it will stand on its hind legs and perform the following moves.
- Magma arc: It blows magma in a circular arc in front of it. You can easily dodge it by getting out of its way.
- Fireballs: It will launch some fireballs at the player.
- Spin slash: Magma Wyrm Makar will slash its sword while spinning. This moves covers a decent area.
Practice this fight a few times and you will learn the timing of these moves. Once you learn these moves dodge them and attack the Magma Wyrm Makar whenever you get the chance and you will defeat it in no time. A tip here is to target its tail or belly as you are quite safe when compared to attacking its mouth or forelegs.
In case you are finding this fight difficult then you can also use summons to make the fight a bit easier. And this fight also allows you to use Spirit ashes.
Magma Wyrm Makar Location
You can find Magma Wyrm Makar in Liurnia of the Lakes at Ruin-Strewn Precipice. Here is how you can get there.
- Fast Travel to Ravine site of grace and go northeast.
- Keep going straight until you reach a Tower-like area. You can use the site of grace here.
- Climb up the ladders and go to the room glowing with green crystals.
- Here, climb another set of ladders.
- Go straight, beware of the enemy attack here.
- Next, take a right and use the lever in front of you.
- Take the lift up.
- Go straight and you will see many creatures mining. Ignore them and go left.
- Once you come out you will reach Ruin-Strewn Precipice you can use the site of grace on your right.
- Take the lift up.
- Next, follow the natural path and keep going up. Beware of the Wyverns here as they can inflict Poison damage.
- Finally, use the lift to reach the Ruin-Strewn Precipice Overlook site of grace.
- Now, head to the cave on your west and pass the Golden Mist to get to Magma Wyrm Makar.
That covers this guide on how to Beat Magma Wyrm Makar in Elden Ring & its location. For more help with this game check out our Elden Ring guides.