GTA 5 PC allows users to explore the open world of Los Santos and Blaine County. While other console versions did not have this feature at launch, the PC version could be played at 60 FPS and 4K resolution. The Rockstar Games launch was also made available on the Steam platform. Since then, the doubt about how to link Steam and Social Club in GTA 5 has been going around the minds of players along with how to fix the not linking error for the same. If you are here looking for the same, look no further as this guide has everything you need.
How to Link Steam and Social Club GTA 5
If you have just purchased GTA 5 via Steam, you can easily link your Steam account and Social Club. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch GTA 5 through Steam.
- You will come across a window where you can Sign In, Create a New Account for your Social Club.
- Click on Sign In and you will come across a window which says Steam Setup.
- Do tick the boxes which say Remember Me and Auto Sign In.
- Check the Link these accounts tab and verify your accounts.
- Click on OK to get a Rockstar Activation Code.
- Enter the Code and tick the box below.
- In the next window click on Activate to successfully link Steam and Social Club.
- You can now enjoy the Sign In rewards in-game.
Steam and Social Club Not Linking Fix
There might be multiple issues that build to Steam and Social Club not Linking so we recommend you try this list of fix:
- If you link the accounts and it displays an error, it might be because of Social Club’s failure. In such cases, you will have to uninstall and manually reinstall Social Club.
- At times, Steam Overlay opens while you are in the stage of Sign In with Social Club. It covers an important OK button on the bottom right. You can simply close the overlay by pressing Shift + Tab.
- Run the Social Club as an administrator. This may fix the problem sometimes.
That’s all you need from this guide on how to link steam and Social Club in GTA 5, and if you are facing any error, check out the list of potential fix. While you are here, make sure you check out our GTA V guides, tips, and tricks with Gamer Tweak.