Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Will Be Different Than Battlefront 2
When the story about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order broke through, the internet cascaded into a meltdown as it has been one of the most requested game in recent years. Moreover, the story of the game follows the aftermath of Order 66 and the players will take the character of a young padawan who have survived it and has a lightsaber. To add to the delight of the fans worldwide, Respawn boss Vince Zampella claimed that the game will be a single player game with no multiplayer option or microtransactions.
Chris Avellone the writer for Jedi: Fallen Order said, “I hope [the six writers] are listed in the reveal because I accidentally said ‘I’ve wrapped this up,’ but there are other writers and I’m not even the lead guy,” Avellone said. “Story was very important to Respawn. I think they do a good job of introducing various narrative layers into their games already, but they think the story is an important part of what they perceive to be a Star Wars game. That’s one of the reasons I like Respawn because when they tackle something like that, they understand what the important points are.”
He further continued, “I think they brought me on because I have a pretty strong Star Wars pedigree so I’d probably be able to just jump right in, and I was, which was good. It didn’t require a ton of new research.”
This is a strong statement confirming that the ideas and the story that is in place will be well written and a good indication of what is to come in the game. Avellone has previously worked on another Star Wars title Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords which was years ahead of its time and yet has to be matched in the franchise.
Though not much more of the game is known as of yet Respawn is expected to reveal furthermore about this game during a panel at Star Wars Celebration on April 13.
The game is scheduled to release in the fall of 2019 and it will probably be released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.