Many fans of the series are looking to install the Stan Lee mod in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. It is rightfully one of the best ways the community has decided to pay homage to the creator of our favorite character. But installing can be a bit tedious if you don’t know the method. So in this guide let us check how to install the Stan Lee mod in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
How to Install Stan Lee Mod in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
Before you can install the mod, you will need to have the Spider-Man PC Modding Tool installed and set up on your PC. You also need to have the Stan Lee mod files downloaded. We will check how to install the modding tool in a bit. Here are the steps to install the mod:
- Download the Stan lee mod.
- Extract the mod file and you will get 4 files.
- Stan Lee Funeral Suit.smpcmod
- Stan Lee Police Suit.smpcmod
- Stan Lee.smpcmod
- Copy the save file and paste it into the save folder of the main game. You can find it in Documents then Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. Here go to the folder that has a numbered string for its name. Paste the slot1-s.save file from the mods here. Be sure to backup your original save before.
- Now launch the modding tool.
- Click on Install Mod.
- Here find the location where you extracted the Stan Lee mod.
- Now, click on any of the smpcmod files that you wish to try and choose open. For example, click on Stan Lee Police Suit.smpcmod and choose open.
- Finally, click on Install Mod and wait for the mod to install.
- After the mod installs launch the game and play from the second save that says 100% complete.
How to Install the Spider-Man PC Modding Tool
- Download the Spider-Man PC Modding Tool.
- Place the zip file in a folder of your choice. Extract the zip file.
- This will give you 4 files, open the SMPCTool.exe file. It will run the modding tool.
- Here click on File on the top left corner of the popup and click on Select Asset Archive Folder.
- Locate the Directory where you have the game installed and select the “asset_archive” folder.
- You will get a popup that says “Asset Archive Successfully Set!”.
- Next, you will get another popup that asks you to convert the asset archives to use the tool properly.
- Click on Tools then choose the last option Convert Asset Archives.
- Wait for the conversion process to complete.
- Once complete you will get a popup that says “Done Converting Asset Archives For Modding!”.
This is a one time process to set up the modding tool. Once done you can freely install mods next time without any hassle.