One of the best things about Fortnite is the fact that there are so many amazing skins to choose from. If you’ve got your eyes on the epic iKONIK Skin and wondering if you can still get it, here’s all you need to know.
Fortnite iKONIK Free Skin Code 2022 – Legit or Fake?
The iKonik skin was added to Fortnite back in Chapter 1 Season 8 and could be unlocked if you bought the Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10 or S10e. It was a collaboration between Samsung and Fortnite and the skin is based on K-Pop star Jung Chanwoo, a member of the famous group iKon. To get the Fortnite skin for free, you had to pre-order one of the phones mentioned and download the Fortnite app. Note that the Fortnite iKONIK outfit has been retired as of 9/26/19 and is no longer available for redemption.
Now, many websites and videos are claiming that they have got a free code that you can use to get this skin in your account, but be careful because you could get scammed. Also, make sure that you don’t share the login credentials of your accounts with anyone to keep them safe. It’s best to avoid “purchasing” skins from other players or sites and only rely on the official in-game store to buy cosmetics in Fortnite.
Since 2019, the iKonik skin is not available for players and was replaced by another skin named GLOW. And it is not available in the Item Shop in 2022 because it was a very specific campaign that is now over. There’s also a very, very low chance that this exact skin will return to the Item Shop.
Don’t worry though, because, with the release of new Samsung phones, there could be more collaborations with other K-pop stars that fans can look forward to. In every new chapter and season, Fortnite always brings something new to the table, so players never know what to expect. We do cover a lot of Fortnite guides on Gamer Tweak, so make sure to check it out and discover some hidden secrets that you may not have heard of.
Free Skin, Outfit or Emote Redemption Process
Whenever there’s an event or a collab between Samsung and Fortnite, you will have to follow certain steps to unlock the special skin or emote that’s up for grabs.
- Download Fortnite on your Samsung device from the Galaxy Store.
- Log into your Epic Games account.
- Go to the Store and find the Fortnite outfit/skin. It will be under Limited Time Offers.
- Tap on it and make sure that your store is set to Samsung under Settings > Account > Content > Android Store Selection.
- You will see a notice asking you to register a credit card.
- Click on Next and register a card (don’t worry, your card will not be charged for a free reward skin).
- Tap on the Fortnite outfit and choose to redeem it. You can also gift it to a friend within a certain time period.
- Once done, the outfit will show up in your locker.
So, that’s basically all you need to know about Fortnite iKONIK skin unlock and if the free skin codes are legit or fake. For more such info, be sure to explore more on Gamer Tweak.