AC Valhalla’s Dawn of Ragnarok is finally released. The player base is excited as it brings new content to the game in the form of game mechanics and stories. Speaking of Mechanics, the game introduces the item Hugr-Rip. The Hugr-Rip is an early game item that grants the players certain abilities. It is a core item and your gameplay will be centering around it. In this guide, I will show you how to use & upgrade the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok.
How to Use & Upgrade the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok
Like I have mentioned above, the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok is an early game Item. It is given a gift from the Dwarves, Sigrun and Halstein, as you begin your Journey through Svartálfaheimr. You will meet them through the Fire Quest after meeting Valka. Once you get it, you will be able to 2 of the 5 abilities provided by the Hugr-Rip at a time. Here is how you can use & upgrade it in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok.
How to Use the Hugr-Rip?
Once you obtain it, you will be put into a cutscene where you will be taught how to use it. To use the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok, you will need to have Hugr first. Hugr is the newest resource that fuels you Hugr-Rip. You can obtain it from three sources:
- By killing and looting enemies.
- Collecting it from Hugr Flowers.
- From Yggdrasil Shrines with a sacrifice of a portion of your Health.
Once you have enough Hugr you will be able to activate any 2 of the 5 abilities at a time depending on the active ones. This depends on what enemies you looted as you can only change abilities at that moment. Once you use the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok, the ability will get activated, your Hugr Bar will be depleted, & the ability will run for a short amount of time. The Abilities you can have are:
- Power of Muspelheim – Grants the power of a Muspel. You will be able to be resistant to fire and walk on lava as well as get the ability to disguise as a Muspel.
- Power of Jotunheim – Grants the power of a Jotun. You will be able to dodge and roll with a teleport for a short distance as well as get the ability to disguise as a Jotun. You can also teleport around an area when you fire a bow at World Knots.
- Power of Rebirth – Grants the ability to reanimate Foes that will fight for you and will deal fire damage to other foes.
- Power of Winter – Grants the ability to inflict Ice damage with a chance to freeze Muspels. It will also deal 30% more damage to Muspel Giants. You will be able to shatter frozen enemies.
- Power of Raven – Grants the ability to fly higher elevations & areas that were otherwise inaccessible.
How to Upgrade it?
You can upgrade the Hugr-Rip by going to the Dwarven Blacksmith at the shelter in Svartálfaheimr. You will need fragments from Muspels, Jotuns, & Giant Ravens alongside Silica. Silica is the common resource here and you can get it by doing River Raids. The other fragments you will need are Giant Feathers, Magma Blood & Living Spark looted from any Muspel, and Jotun Seidr & Frozen Blood looted from any Jotun. Have a good amount of these resources and you will be able to upgrade the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok very easily.
This was all about upgrading & using the Hugr-Rip in AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our guides on How To Start Dawn Of Ragnarok AC Valhalla DLC.