God-like creatures appearing amid battle to aid, is what Summons do is FFVII Remake. There are six summons in the game, in this Final Fantasy 7 Remak Summon walkthrough you can learn how to unlock all of them. Summon are always an big part of the Final Fantasy series. Unlocked during the story missing, a summon is an call for heavenly help. Monstrous Creatures, Heavenly Goddesses or Cool Animals with super power joins you in the battle.
In FFVII Remake there are total six summons and three additional for those who had purchased a deluse edition or pre-ordered the game.
How to Unlock Summons in FFVII Remake?
Summons are unlocked automatically during the story. As you progress you will meet various NPC’s among which a few will reward with a summon. So its is a kind of unmissable part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. But calling them in the battle is restricted, their availability relies on a condition. Below is the list of Summons in FFVII Remake and how to unlock them.
- Ifrit – Unlock at the end of Chapter 3, meet Jessie.
- Shiva – Complete Battle Intel Report 5, defeat Shiva in the Combat Simulator. Find Chadley to unlock this Shiva in FFVII Remake.
- Fat Chocobo – Unlocks after completing Battle Report 10.
- Leviathan – Unlocks after completing Battle Report 15.
- Bahamut – Unlocks after completing Battle Report 20.
- Chocobo & Moogle – Unlocks during Chapter 6. Cloud and his team will be in the Plate Interior while progressing to the next Mako reactor. Check our guide for more details – Chocobo & Moogle Materia Location Guide.
- Chocobo Chick – Available for those who had pre-ordered Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Carbuncle – Available for those who had purchased FFVII Remake Digital Deluxe Edition or 1st Class Edition.
- Cactuar – Available for those who had purchased FFVII Remake Digital Deluxe Edition or 1st Class Edition.
How to use Summon in FFVII Remake?
Every summon is linked with an materia. So first you have to find that and equip it. Every character can carry one Summon Materia. Once equipped you can call it once you have enough ATB Guage and MP points. Once the Summon is in the match you can use it as a fourth player and projectile its attack on the enemy. Summon are of great help during boss battles especially when you are overpowered or alone.
So this is how you can use and unlock all summons in Final Fantasy VII Remake.