Want to secure your Nintendo Account? Here is a simple guide on how to set up 2-step authentication on Nintendo Switch. This will block unnecessary access to your account and secure your purchases. Nintendo Switch Two-Step verification adds an additional layer of security on the gaming console. Once enabled it will asked for a the password along with a 6 digit Code sent to your Smartphone or Tablet via Google Authenticator or any similar app.
How to turn on Two-Step verification on Nintendo Switch?
The settings are available in the profile section of your Nintendo Switch account. Follow the steps below to turn on this Nintendo Switch security feature.
- Click here to visit your account on Nintendo.com.
- Sign-in using your account and password.
- Go to Sign-in and security and scroll down to Two-Step Verification.
- Click on Edit and click on Enable two-step verification.
- Then click on Submit and you will receive your first verification code on your Email.
This is to verify your email address if you want to change this click on Change next o Email Address in the User Information section of your account. Or else just enter the Verification Code and click on Submit. This is the first part of the process where you had turned on Two-Steps verification on your Nintendo Account. To use it follow the below steps.
- Install the Google Authenticator app from PlayStore. It is also available for iOS devices.
- Install this app on your smartphone and launch it. You can use this app to scan the QR code displayed on your Nintendo Account Screen.
- A 6-digit verification code will be displayed in the app. Type that in the verification code of settings and then click on Submit.
After this, you will see a list of backup codes, copy and store them somewhere safe. These backup codes will be required to sign-in and if you do not want to use Google Authenticator App in the future. So do not lose them, you can use the app and type the access code to log in to your Nintendo Switch account. To complete the process click on Backup Code Saved and click on Ok.
That’s it, next time when you log in you will have to type your password + the 6 digit code from Google Authenticator App. Even if you share your password or it is leaked no one will be able to access your account with the code.
This is how you can turn on Two factor verification on your Nintendo Switch Account.