Are you facing any problem with your Xbox Controller? Like Xbox controller disconnects, or responds slow? Unable to connect the Xbox controller to PC using Microsoft Wireless Adapter or Bluetooth? If you are facing any problems with the Xbox controller then you have to run the latest firmware update on it. By running an update you can enhance your controller performance and resolve petty bugs. The latest firmware update is very important as it brings improvements and adds Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter capabilities. There are three ways to update your Xbox controller firmware, you can use a PC for that, or a USB cable or you can also update it wirelessly.
How to update Xbox Controller’s firmware wirelessly?
Xbox controller purchased in or after June 2015 supports the Wireless update feature. You do not need any USB cable to install the latest firmware on the controller. Xbox controller bought in or after June 2015 has a 3.5mm port on its back. A standard audio jack.
- You will need a Stereo Headset Adapter to install the latest firmware on the Xbox controller.
- Connect the stereo headset adapter to the Xbox controller and press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to the System and select Settings. Look for Devices & Streaming and then select Accessories.
- Select the controller to run the update. Select Device info and then select the Firmware version box.
- Finally, press Continue and then leave the controller aside for some time.
This is how you can update Xbox controller firmware wirelessly using a stereo headset adapter.
How to update Xbox Controller’s firmware using a USB cable?
Here you can use a USB cable to run the latest firmware update on Xbox Controller. You will need an Xbox console for this.
- Connect the Xbox controller to the Xbox console using USB Cable.
- Once you connect the controller you will see on Xbox console the option to run firmware update will appear automatically.
- But if it does not appear then press the Xbox button. Go to Systems and then select Settings.
- Go to Devices & Streaming and choose Accessories.
- Select the controller you want to update and select Device Info.
- Select the firmware update box and then press Continue.
That’s it, the update will be installed. Ensure the Xbox controller will remain connected to the console until the update is over. So this is how you can update Xbox controller firmware using a USB cable.
How to update Xbox Controller’s firmware on a PC?
You can also update the Xbox Controller’s firmware using a PC. You will need an Xbox Accessories App for that and a Windows 10 PC.
- Download and install Xbox Accessories App from Microsoft Store.
- Launch Xbox Accessories App.
- Connect your Xbox Controller to Windows 10 PC using a USB cable. You can also use the Microsoft Wireless Adapter.
- You will automatically see Update required on the app, install it and done.
This is how you can run the latest firmware update on Xbox Controller using a Windows 10 PC.