MapleStory is an exciting multiplayer online role-playing 2D adventure game that was designed only to run on Windows. Mac users have often been left feeling left out because the game’s developers have never released a Mac-compatible version of the game. If you are one of those who wants to play the game, check out this guide on how to play Maplestory on Mac.
How to Play Maplestory on Mac?
- To play Maplestory on Mac, you will need to install Windows OS on your Mac.
- You can do this by using Boot Camp in your Mac. Boot Camp lets you install Windows even if your device runs on macOS.
- The advantage of using Boot Camp is that it gives you the freedom to switch between two operating systems on one computer. This means that you can choose if you want to run Windows OS or macOS on your Mac.
How to Install Windows OS on Mac?
- You can install Windows by purchasing an official software key either from the Microsoft website or from any computer store.
- Once you have the key, go to the official Microsoft website on your Mac and go to the Microsoft Windows Download Page.
- You can now choose the version of Microsoft Windows you want to install.
- Once you download the Windows ISO file of the version of your choice, open the Boot Camp Assistant on your Mac.
- The Boot Camp Assistant is located in the utilities tab in the Applications menu.
- It will guide you on how to install Windows.
- The Assistant will ask you for the ISO Image. Browse through your system files to find Windows ISO file you just downloaded.
- The Boot Camp Assistant also lets you allot the distribution of storage among the two softwares (Windows and macOS)
- Once you’ve allotted the respective storages, you can press Install.
- When Windows successfully installs, you will find yourself taken to a Windows desktop where you will also find a Boot Camp Installer.
- You will need to run this installer and let it install the necessary drivers.
- When this process is completed, you will be asked to restart your Mac.
- To ensure the newly-installed Windows software runs smoothly on your Mac, make sure to run the Apple Software Update program after restarting your system.
- The Apple Software Update program is located in the bottom left corner of the start menu.
- You will need to run the Windows update too once your Mac has restarted. You will find this by ticking the Check for Updates button in the Update & Security menu. Install all the necessary drivers and updates.
- This update will take some time. After it has completed, you will have to restart your Mac again.
- You now have Windows on your Mac!
- You can always reboot to macOS by right-clicking the Boot Camp Assistant and then selecting Restart in macOS.
- Now that you have successfully installed Windows in your Mac, check out how you can now install and play Maplestory below:
How to Install and Play Maplestory on Mac?
- Head to the official Maplestory website by using any browser of your choice.
- Select the Play Free Now button and then click the resultant Download Launcher pop-up.
- Now, run and install the Nexon Launcher.
- Open the launcher and log into your account.
- Then, head to the Maplestory tab and click on the download button. You will now have Maplestory downloaded and installed in Windows on your Mac.
- Launch Maplestory to play it.
And that’s it! With a few steps, you can install and run Windows on your Mac. Then, you can easily download and play Maplestory on your Mac after installing Windows.
If you liked this guide, check out our Maplestory Class Tier List as well.