With a roster of 500+ cars available in Forza Horizon 5, it will certainly take a long time to unlock them. Sometimes, you may end up on a rare car via wheelspin or you may have to put in a lot of effort to get it. Now, if you want to gift a car to a fellow FH5 player, that would certainly be a nice gesture. In this guide, find out how to gift cars in Forza Horizon 5, how to receive gift drops and know if you can send cars to friends as well.
How to Gift Cars in Forza Horizon 5
If you have more than 1 car in your garage, you can start gifting cars to players. Now, here’s how to start the gifting process (there are two ways to do so).
- Press the options button on your controller to get the My Horizon screen.
- You will see the Gift Drop option.
- Click on it and choose a car to gift.
- Choose who you want to gift it to – anyone, new players, returning players, new hall of fame members or community contributors.
- As the titles suggest:
- Choosing ‘anyone’ will help you gift the car to a random player.
- Choosing ‘new players’ will let you gift the car to a new player, so if you have a hypercar unlocked that new players may not have access to yet, you can do that and make their day.
- When you choose ‘returning players’, those players who are coming back to the game after a while will get the car.
- ‘New Hall of Fame Members’ means that whichever players have been added to the Hall of Fame recently will have the chance to get this car.
- ‘Community Contributors’ are those who have helped the community with their tunes or any other additions. Giving them a gift can be a nice way to say thank you.
- That’s it! This is how you can share your car with other players so that they don’t have to put in the effort to unlock it. Note that whatever modifications you have done to your car, that’s what will get transferred to the other player as well.
- There’s another way to gift a car to players and that’s via barn finds.
- Head to a barn find location that you have already discovered.
- Press the X button on your controller to do your gift drop.
- Choose the car you want to give away.
- Choose who you want to gift to.
- Pick a gift message from the options shown – you cannot make your own message.
- Choose what you want as a “gift from” message – sign it with your player name, gamertag or leave it unsigned. This is how you can personalize your gift.
- Then complete the process and press SEND GIFT.
- Now, any relevant player based on your choices will get the car.
How to Receive Gift Drops in FH5?
As soon as another player has gifted you a car, you will get a message notifying the same on your screen. Find the barn find location on the map and visit it because that’s where your gift has been sent to. When you claim the gift, the sender will get a message/notification that their gift has been claimed.
How to Send Cars as Gifts to a Friend in Forza Horizon 5?
You can only gift cars to the categories of anyone, new players, returning players, new hall of fame members or community contributers. You cannot choose a specific person to receive the gift. This is good because things can go pretty wrong if you could just swap cars between friends and the gaming experience could get messed up. Moreover, players could turn to unethical ways to obtaining cars from others as well. Thankfully, this will be avoided.
With that all cleared up, here’s how to reach and get the bonus XP board on the plane wing.