If you want to speed up your navigation in Minecraft Survival mode, here’s a guide on how to fly. You can easily get a top-down view while other players are simply walking or running. You will require Elytra for this purpose, so let’s take a look at the steps you need to complete to make it happen.
How to Fly in Survival Mode in Minecraft?
- First, players will need to get their hands on Elytra which are basically wings. It’s the only way to take flight in Survival mode and you can find them in End City Ships.
- Head to End Cities in the outer End which is where you can find these ships.
- When you defeat the Ender Dragon, you will see an End Gateway open up which will take you to the outer islands.
- If you want to make the defeat of the Ender Dragon quick, you can use a cheat command. /kill @e[type=minecraft:ender_dragon]
- Then, you can throw an Ender Pearl into the gateway to reach the Outer End, which is the best way to do it.
- Look for an item frame in the ship hull and that’s where you will find this rare item.
- Note that it will be guarded by a Shulker.
Now that you know where to find Elytra, let’s get into the steps to actually make you fly.
How to use Elytra for Flying
- With Elytra, you can fly from one place to another, especially from places that are at a height.
- First, make sure that Elytra is equipped.
- Then jump with Space and hold the Space button while you are falling. For those playing on Xbox need to press A and PS players need to press X while you are airborne.
- This is how you can glide or fly in Minecraft survival mode using Elytra. Now use the arrows to keep flying while ascending or descending. Press the same button two times to land.
So, that’s all about how to fly in Minecraft survival mode on PC, Xbox and PS consoles. Since we are talking about Elytra, it is also useful when using fireworks.
And for more Minecraft coverage, stay with Gamer Tweak.