Reddit is one of the biggest websites in the world with monthly traffic in the billions. With so much online footfall, the platform isn’t immune to issues; for example, for many users the Reddit communities aren’t showing up. This could be an issue from Reddit’s side or it could be something on your end.
In this article, take a look at all the possible causes and what you can do to potentially fix it and become active in your favorite subreddits again.
Reddit Communities Not Showing Fix
Let’s look at some general troubleshooting tips if you can’t view posts from a community.
- Refresh the app or page which can clear minor glitches.
- Restart your device or start a new tab on your browser. You can also log out of your account and log back in to check if that resolves the problem.
- Check your internet connection because a weak or unstable internet connection can prevent content from loading correctly.
- Update your app on your mobile device in case there are any compatibility issues related to outdated software.
- Clear your cache and cookies to remove any corrupted data that might be causing problems.
- Check if there’s a typo while searching for the community you are looking for.
If none of these steps work, here are some specific situations why Reddit communities are not showing up for you.
Reasons why you can’t see posts from a Reddit community
- Banned communities: If a community you’re trying to access has been banned, you won’t be able to see it.
- NSFW content settings: If you have NSFW content filtered out in your settings, you may need to adjust them to see certain communities.
- Subreddit settings: Some communities have settings that restrict who can see them. Check the community’s sidebar or rules for more information.
- Account restrictions: If your Reddit account has been restricted, you may not be able to see certain communities. You can contact Reddit support to address the issue further.
If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still having trouble, you can try contacting the moderators of the community you’re trying to access. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.
That’s everything you can do to fix the Reddit communities not showing up issue on your PC or mobile device. If it’s a widespread issue, chances are that the website is down at the moment, like it has happened before. You can find out if Reddit servers are down right now or not via redditstatus.