Iron is one of the most useful items that you can find in Minecraft. You can easily make tools, weapons and much more with this white ore. In this article, we will show you where you can find iron in Minecraft 1.17.
How to Get Iron in Minecraft 1.17
Check out the different places you can find iron in Minecraft below:
- Ravines are deep and narrow valleys in Minecraft that are abundant in diamonds, water, lava and iron.
- You will find plenty of iron in the various ravines that are scattered across the game without even having to mine a lot of cobblestones.
- Just like ravines, caves too are abundant in iron.
- You can easily find iron by just exploring the caves in Minecraft. Just like in ravines, you wont need to mine a lot of cobblestones to get iron in caves.
How to Mine for Iron
- Mining is one of the most popular and trusted methods of getting iron in Minecraft.
- To mine for iron, you can easily create strip mines in the game.
- Strip mining is the process of mining in a straight line to find ores and cobblestones. This is a very common method to mine for iron.
- You need to remember that you can only dig up with a stone pickaxe or a better pickaxe. If you use a pickaxe that is lower than a stone pickaxe, the iron will not get picked up.
- Another popular method of mining is diagonal mining. This method is very similar to strip mining but the only difference here is that you have to dig diagonally to mine for the desired materials.
- This method has been known to yield more ores per minute when compared to strip mining.
Iron Golem Farms
- While you can find plenty of iron naturally in Minecraft, you can also create an Iron Golem Farm.
- Having an iron golem farm will also give you XP along with a decent amount of iron.
- To start the iron golem farm, you will need to gather a few villagers, an iron golem and some mobs.
- Now, place the villagers close to the mobs. Take care to ensure that you don’t place them too close to each other because the mobs will then kill the villagers.
- The aim is to make the villagers panic so that they spawn an iron golem.
- The iron golem should then spawn away from the villagers and mobs. The golem should then go through a water canal into a chamber that will kill it automatically.
- Your iron golem farm will produce enough iron to last you a long time.
That brings us to the end of this guide on how to find iron in Minecraft. If you liked this article, check out this guide on how to make an iron golem in Minecraft.