Death Stranding is a phenomenal game and though most of the time you will be all alone, there will be times where you will face off against Mules in Death Stranding. This guide will show you how to fight Mules and clear Mule camps easily.
How to fight Mules and clear Mule camps easily
Mules and BT’s are the creatures that will often interrupt you while on a delivery and it can get frustrating if you do not know how to fight them off. Though BT’s are completely different things, Mules can be easily dealt with and often time you can entirely avoid them and move on with your mission.
Mules can be hard to avoid at times and a few missions will deliberately have you face off against Mules. Mules will almost always attack you if you are close to proximity and have precious cargo with you. Since Death Stranding involves transporting a lot of cargo from one place to another avoiding Mules can be easier said than done.
What are Mules and Mule camps in Death Stranding?
- Mules are wasteland bandits, similar to the kind you see in the Star Wars series where they are just interested in your cargo and will loot you every chance they get.
- Mule camps have sensor poles around the site, so if you get too close to one it will alert them and will start looking for you.
- You will often find Mule camps in between points of interest which will either force you to find another way around of simply fight them off.
How to avoid Mules in Death Stranding
- The best way to avoid Mules in Death Stranding is to find an alternative way around to where you want to go, Mules can be persistent in their search of you so they will always make sure that they hunt you down.
- You can be a bit proactive and construct a Watchtower to get a view of your surroundings, this will help you locate Mule camps and you can tag them and chart a new course towards your destination.
- You can also use vehicles to go through a Mule camp but if they manage to land a shock pole on your vehicle it will render it useless and you will be forced to fight the Mules.
- As you progress in Death Stranding you will also Scanner Nullification feature which will help you stay hidden from the Mules and not alert their camp sensors.
- If you simply want to walk around a Mule camp, your best method is to stay silent and crouch until you clear the camp. Holding your breath will also help you stay silent and will greatly help with stealth.
- Another quite surprising thing is the fact that if you do not have any cargo on you, the Mules will simply ignore you and you can almost waltz your way to where you wish to go.
There will be times where you will have to stay put and fight the Mules and knowing how to easily take them down is incredibly useful.
How to fight Mules in Death Stranding
- Fighting Mules can be very easy if you know what to do and how to separate them from a herd.
- Make sure that you keep your strand handy, by pressing right on the D-Pad and selecting it from the menu.
- When you see a Mule charging at you simply hold L2 and as they attack you will have an opportunity to counter it and parry by pressing R2.
- Once you dodge the attack, you will get another prompt to press R2, do it and you will then bind the Mules and they will be unable to move.
- If you are in a Mule camp, make sure that you take everyone down like this because there are a few really interesting things that you can find there.
- If you find yourself being hunted by Mules as they can throw their shock poles at you, simply avoid those by running around in circles and soon you will be able to counter and parry on your own.
Do this repeatedly and make sure that you are aware of your surroundings, this will help you immensely as you can take on as many Mules as you wish.
This is all there is to how to fight Mules and clear Mule camps easily in Death Stranding.