Twitch has an abundance of Streams on its platform. Additionally, it also allows Streamers to store their videos to allow viewers to watch their past content. This is a very handy feature as the fans can see the content of the Streamer when they aren’t live. You could be a Streamer or a Viewer who would like to watch an older stream and Twitch has you covered on that. So in this guide let us take a look at how to download and save Twitch VODs.
How to Download Twitch VODs of your Stream on Windows and Mac
- Open Twitch on your browser.
- On the top-right corner of the home page click on your username.
- In the drop-down menu click on Video Producer.
- Select Past Broadcast in the All Videos tab.
- Check the video you wish to download and click on the three dots of this VOD on the right.
- Click on Download in the drop-down menu. The download will automatically begin.
This method lets you download from the official Twitch website and you won’t even have to use any 3rd party app. Although, this method can only be used to download your own VODs. So if you are a viewer you can’t use this method to download someone else’s stream. Also remember that this method will only work if you have enabled Store Past Streams option on your Stream settings.
How to Download Twitch VODs of Someone else’s Stream on Windows
Remember this guide is for educational purposes, don’t misuse VODs of other streamers by using this method. Here is how you can download someone else’s stream:
- Download and Install Twitch Leecher on your computer.
- Run the app.
- Open Twitch and Find the Stream you wish to download.
- Search for the Streamer on Twitch.
- Click on Videos Tab.
- Locate the Video you wish to download and right-click on it & click on “copy link address”.
- Go back to Twitch Leecher and click on “Search” which can be found on top.
- Select the URLs tab and paste the link you copied from Twitch.
- Change the quality in which you wish to download it and select the folder where you wish to save the video. Another Optional step is to change the video name.
- Once all set click on the download button and your video will begin to download.
If you follow the above steps correctly you should have the stream downloaded and ready to watch.
That sums up this guide on how to download twitch VODs. If you are a streamer on Twitch then be sure to check out our guide on how to get Verified on Twitch.