Pull up a seat in the Tavern – there’s a new major update for Hearthstone coming on January 25, featuring Battlegrounds Buddies, updates for Mercenaries, the Lunar New Year event, and more!
BATTLEGROUNDS BUDDIES (Jan 25)
Every battle’s better with a buddy! In this patch, we’ll be introducing a new Battlegrounds Buddy System! A Battlegrounds Buddy is a special minion that’s unique to each Hero, designed to synergize with that Hero’s game plan.
- New combat system: The “Buddy Meter” fills up during combat!
- Buddies are unique per Hero; 75 heroes and their own unique Buddies will be available.
- Each Buddy copy earned acts like a minion while in-hand and on the board.
MERCENARIES VILLAGE UPDATE (Jan 25)
The Training Grounds have come to Mercenaries! The Training Grounds is a new space for the Village that allows players’ Mercenaries to passively gain experience as they do Bounties with other Mercs, play other game modes, or even when they’re sleeping!
- The new addition to the village – Training Grounds – Mercenaries can be sent to gain passive XP.
- New Mercenaries: Balinda Stonehearth, Captain Galvangar, Lokholar, Wrathion, Sinestra.
- New Bounties and Feature Updates, including Oval-Art of Portraits & Mercenaries Card Back.
BOOK OF MERCENARIES: TAVISH STORMPIKE (Feb 1)
- The hunter Tavish Stormpike must overcome the Frostwolves, Horde mercenaries, angry Troggs, his own family, and food poisoning! Can he stomach it?
- Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Hunter pack, containing only Hunter cards from Standard.
- Special Tavern Brawl – Tavish vs. Rokara (January 26)
- Play as Tavish or Rokara, and select one of your mercenary companions to represent your Hero Power.
- Unique dialogue interactions are available for each combination of characters.
- First-time wins will reward one Standard pack, containing cards from all of Standard.
LUNAR NEW YEAR (Feb 2-16)
- All players will receive the FREE Dancing Lion Card Back from January 25 to February 8!
- Lunar Blessing Tavern Brawl (Feb 2-9)
- Quests (Feb 2-16)