Half-Life Alyx Now Allows Players To Create Custom Mods
Valve's new Tool
Half-Life Alyx gets Steam Workshop support, Valve released a new tool that will allow fans to create mods for the game. The new mod tool is available for free download, will let fan to expand their creativity to bring out unique elements for the VR game.
Mods for Half-Life Alyx exist before this, but now with Valve’s support, there is more to do. In an announcement through a tweet, Valve confirmed the beta release of Half-Life Alyx developers tools. Using the modding tool game fans can now use every game asset to create custom levels and animations
Expand the world of Half-Life: Alyx. Find new community creations in the Steam Workshop, or make your own using the newly released development tools. https://t.co/6oQ30f8aGN pic.twitter.com/lIrvZVmbXg
— Valve (@valvesoftware) May 15, 2020
What are The Half-Life: Alyx Workshop Tools ?
The Half-Life: Alyx Workshop Tools is a set of software utilities available as a free download for Half-Life: Alyx that allow you to create items for inclusion in the the Steam Workshop and your own custom game addons.
The tool opens up a new age of modding for Half-life fans, allowing them to create new levels, models, textures, and animations. The steam workshop is also a way to access everything uploaded by the community. Or use the VR Physics Sandbox and create the world of your dream.
What is in Half-Life: Alyx Workshop Tools ?
- Hammer, the latest version of the Source 2 level editor.
- Material Editor, the tool for creating and tuning materials in Source 2.
- ModelDoc, a tool for viewing, editing, and compiling models with animation, collision, and other gameplay attributes.
- AnimGraph, our animation tool used to create complicated animation setups with blends and transitions.
- Particle Editor, for making new particle effects.
- Subrect Editor, for creating smart texture sheets known as “hotspots.”
- Source Filmmaker, the Source 2 cinematic renderer and animation tool.
With different sample maps and entire set of Half-Life: Alyx editable maps, fans can construct custom levels of their choices.