God of War is out for PC but unfortunately, it has been crashing for many players. 2018 game of the year winner God of War is developed by Santa Monica Studio and published by PlayStation PC LLC. Previously this game was a PlayStation exclusive but the long wait for this game to come on PC is finally over. Sadly the game has come with its own problems. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix God of War Crashing, stuttering, lag, freezing, and black screen issues on PC.
How to Fix God of War Crashing, Lag, Stutter, and Freezing
Below are the fixes that you can try to resolve issues like crash, stutter, lag, black screen, freezing, and more for God of War PC. If one fix doesn’t work then try the next fix until your game starts working properly.
- Restart your PC: Starting with the most basic and harmless fix is to restart your PC. Press Alt + F4 on your Keyboard and choose Restart. You can also do that by clicking on the windows icon on the bottom left of your screen. Next, click on the power icon and choose Restart. Once your PC restarts try playing the game again to see if you still get crashes.
- Run the game as Administrator: Many times running the game as administrator fixes crashing issues. Right-click on the icon of God of War, and select Run as administrator. If it worked then you can set this game to always run as administrator by right-clicking on the game’s icon and choosing Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Here, under the settings section, you can find the Run this program as an administrator option. Check it and then click on Apply and select OK.
- Disable Antivirus: Antiviruses work by running continuously, as they have to look for any intrusion of malware or viruses on your PC. While that might help improve the safety of our PC it also slows it down because of a process running all the time. So you can resolve it simply by disabling the Antivirus while you play the game. Once your gaming session is over you can enable it again.
- Verify game files: You might be facing the crashing issue with God of War due to some files getting corrupted. You can easily resolve it by verifying file integrity.
- Check file integrity on Steam:
- Launch Steam.
- Click on Library, on the left side you will see all your games.
- Right-click on God of War and choose properties.
- Click on the Local files section on the left and select Verify Integrity of game files.
- Check file integrity on Epic Games:
- Open Epic Games
- Go to your Library and click on the three dots on the bottom left of God of War.
- Here select Verify.
- Once the files are verified and repaired, try playing the game and the crashing should fix.
- Check file integrity on Steam:
- Update your graphics drivers: You can update your graphics drivers by downloading them from the official sites of Nvidia or AMD. Remember to update them as it will help with not just God of War, but other games as well.
- Set Task manager Priority as high: Giving high priority to the game from your Task manager might help it to perform better.
- Open Task Manager.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Here right-click on God of War and select set priority.
- Set the priority to high from this list of options.
- Update your game: At the time of writing this article, the developers have released an update patch v1.0.1 that fixes the crash issue. Once you update your game your game crashing issue should resolve. In case you preloaded the game and the update isn’t showing for you, then restart Steam. This will show you the available patch and you can update your game.
These fixes should help stop the crashes. If God of War is still crashing then you should try contacting the developers or wait for them to release an update with all these issues resolved.
That covers this guide on how to fix God of War crashing, stuttering, lag, freezing, and black-screen issues for PC. If your game has started working check out our guide on how to defeat Kara. And if you are still having issues running the then you should check the minimum PC requirements for God of War to check if your system is compatible with the game.