Fortnite is a 2017 released, free-to-play online Battle Royale game where 100 players compete to be the last one standing. The Epic Games released battle royale has garnered huge praise since then and has been launched for numerous platforms like Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, and Android. While the game has unique features embedded in its game mechanics, it has certainly given a push to online friends. New features offer you the chance to gift skins to them. If you are looking to gift skins and items to a friend in Fortnite, we recommend you check out this guide and get the answer.
How to Gift Skins & Items to Friends in Fortnite
While you can gift skins and items in Fortnite, there are some regulations that you must know. It is part of the Gifting Policy in Fortnite. You must have multi-factor authentication enabled on your account. And you must be Epic friends with the recipient for at least 48 hours before you can gift them. If you fall under the criteria, here’s what you need to do:
- From the main screen in Fortnite, click on Item Shop at the top of your screen.
- Next, you need to locate the skin you want to gift to your friend. Make sure you have enough V-Bucks to purchase the item.
- Once you select the item, Click on Buy as a Gift and then choose the player you want to gift it to.
- If they already own the item you are trying to send, you will be notified of the same.
- Since they do not have the gift, you can click on the Wrap Options to personalize the gift and then click on Purchase Gift.
- Once it is done, the player will receive the gift immediately and as soon as they reach the Fortnite lobby, they will be able to open it.
That’s all you need from this guide on how to gift skins and items to friends in Fortnite. While you are here, make sure you check out more Fortnite guides, tips, and tricks with Gamer Tweak.