There are so many things to explore out of the islands in Animal Crossing New Horizons. And while you explore it all at your pace, diving is one of the most exciting gameplay elements of ACNH. It is a feature that was added later in the Free Summer update (v 1.3.0). Similar to its previous installment New Leaf, players can collect several deep-sea creatures out of diving. Pearl oysters are one of the creatures you can get by diving and swimming into the oceans. So, here’s our guide on how to get pearl oysters in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get Pearl Oysters in Animal Crossing new Horizons?
As we are dealing with deep waters, you cannot dive into ponds or rivers to get Pearl oysters. They are deep-sea creatures that can be unlocked to you after you catch 20 deep-sea creatures. Once you unlock them, you can catch them during any hours of the day and year. Here’s how to catch pearl oysters:
- Wear a wet suit before you dive into the ocean.
- Go closer to the ocean and hit the A button to dive.
- As you swim, follow the shadow of a series of bubbles underwater.
- Make a note that these bubbles indicate what type of deep-sea creature you will encounter.
- As a Pearl oyster is relatively smaller, you will see medium-sized bubbles.
- Swim around the bubbles by pressing the right stick.
- Then, press Y to dive and catch the pearl oyster.
- Although they are named pearl oysters, they neither possess pearls nor are related to normal oysters.
- They are more related to clams. That’s why when caught, your playable character will quote, “I got a pearl oyster! Aw shucks, Don’t clam up now”.
- You can either sell or donate a pearl oyster to Blathers.
- You will receive 2800 Bells for selling it at Nook’s Cranny.
- If you sell it by using the drop-off box, you will receive 20% less of the amount which is 2240 Bells.
- Thus, we suggest going to Nook’s Cranny shop directly.
That’s all about how to get pearl oysters in Animal Crossing New Horizons. If this guide helped you, make sure to check our other ACNH guides right here on Gamer Tweak.