If you are playing Pokemon Yellow, then you can get Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Unlike most games where you can only get one starter and have to obtain the remaining by trading or other methods. This was a special game that let you have all 3 of the Gen 1 starters on your team. All of these are very strong Pokemon that not only have good stats but also have you covered against many other types of Pokemon. So to help you on your journey to become the champion here is how you can get them.
How To Get All Three Starters in Pokemon Yellow
You can get all three starters by talking to the different NPCs in the game. Here is who will give you each:
- Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur Caretaker in Cerulean City
- Charmander: Pokemon Trainer north of Nugget Bridge
- Squirtle: Officer Jenny in Vermillion City
Here is exactly how you can get them all:
Pokemon Yellow Get Bulbasaur
To get Bulbasaur you first need to have a Pokemon with high happiness on your party. This is because the NPC has treated the injured Bulbasaur and wants a good trainer to take care of it. So a happy Pokemon will prove that you are worthy of it.
- Go to the house left of the Poke Center in Cerulean City.
- Talk to the woman next to Bulbasaur.
- Once you have a happy Pokemon in your Party she will ask you whether you would like to take care of it.
- Choose Yes and you will get Bulbasaur.
Pro tip – In case your Pokemon isn’t happy then you can go around and train it by battling wild Pokemon. Alternatively, you can even feed it potions until it becomes happy.
How to Get Charmander
Charmander is easier to get than Bulbasaur.
- Cross the Nugget Bridge.
- Defeat the trainers and Team Rocket members along the way.
- You should find a trainer in the top left side just sitting idly.
- Talk to him and he will tell you about not being good at raising Pokemon and that he wants to release his Charmander.
- He will then offer it to you if you promise to take good care of it.
- Choose Yes and you will get Charmander.
How to Get Squirtle
In order to get Squirtle you will need the Thunder badge. You should add a Ground Pokemon on your team if you want to beat the gym leader Lt Surge. You also need to teach a Pokemon Cut. So here is what you do:
- Defeat Lt Surge and get the Thunder badge.
- Go right from the gym and cut the small tree.
- Next, go and talk to Officer Jenny.
- She will check the badge and compliment you by saying you must be a good trainer.
- Next, she will tell you about a Squirtle that she caught and ask you to take care of it.
- Choose Yes and you will get Squirtle.
This is everything you need to do to get all starters (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle) in Pokemon Yellow. Since you like playing this game you should also check the cheat codes for it.