Being the current event boss in Teyvat, Resurgent Cryo Regisvine is among the toughest bosses in the game. You will meet this boss during Act IV: Uninvited Guest. The mechanisms to this fight will be slightly different to when you duel again in Frostborn Miracle. In this guide, we will be focusing on the quest fight, where you have to defeat it once to continue the event. The second fight can be repeated multiple times for more loot. So, here’s how to beat Resurgent Cryo Regisvine in Genshin Impact.
How to Beat Resurgent Cryo Regisvine in Genshin Impact?
You have to face attacks like Falling Icicles, Ice Beam, Icicle Bursts, Spin Attack and Blizzard to defeat this boss. Knowing when to dodge and which counterattacks work is crucial. Here’s how to kill the Resurgent Cryo Regisvine boss easily.
- Falling Icicles: To avoid the Falling Icicles, keep an eye out for blue circle indicators on the ground. Once you see the indicators move to any other direction to escape it. But make sure not to dash, instead simply move aside as dashing will deplete your stamina bar. Do keep in mind the Icicles also explode within a small radius so avoid the fallen Icicle area.
- Ice Beam: Resurgent Cryo Regisvine will throw at you two ice beams that will keep following you for the impact. Keep moving to evade them. Dashing is only advised in case of emergency to preserve stamina.
- Icicle Bursts: The boss will attack the player with three fast ice bursts. You can utilize all that preserved stamina right here by quick dashing. This is rather simple to avoid with good timing.
- Spin Attack: The boss will slam on the ground and do spin attack in a circular area. This attack is initiated by a short animation. So, as soon as the move animation has started, move away quickly from the attack radius.
- Blizzard: After recovering from player’s attacks, the boss will bring down a blizzard upon the player. Destroy the newly appearing Seeds of Winter to save your health. If you cannot reach it in time, cast a shield to reduce the incoming damage amount.
By knowing the right methods to dodge or protect yourself against different attacks from Resurgent Cryo Regisvine, this battle will be much easier for you.
Right Party to Kill Resurgent Cryo Regisvine
As Resurgent Cryo Regisvine is a basically a reanimated Cryo Regisvine, you have to avoid picking hydro characters in your party. Resurgent Cryo Regisvine can freeze all hydro characters with all its attacks. So choose a shield character, a healer and two pyro characters. If you are going co-op then make sure your team member follows the same structure.
Plan your Fighting Strategy
The basic fighting mechanism is similar to the regular Cryo Regisvine, so to protect against power eruption of boss we have to break Seeds of Winter. Revive and heal quickly while in protection of Seeds of Winter, as opening the inventory will not pause this battle compared to other boss fights. Use two pyro characters to amplify your attacks via Elemental Resonance. And finally make sure your finest sword wielding character is equipped with Festering Desire unlocked in previous Act 1 of the event. Once everything is prepared and organized, we are ready to face the boss.
Three Phases of Boss Battle
The boss battle is divided into three distinct phases and one final phase.
- During the first phase Resurgent Cryo Regisvine can’t be attacked directly by the player due to its protective frost thorn shield.
- You must use Scarlet Quartz to destroy three of frost thorns. Cryo Slimes will keep generating during this phase if you are in solo mode.
- While in coop it will be replaced by Cryo Whopperflowers and Large Cryo Slimes.
- Avoid ice rains as the Cryo left behind will deal low additional damage.
- When frost thorn shield is broken, the boss will be reawakened.
- Attacking its weak spot will stun it and allowing us for subsequent attacks & combos.
- Also note that the ice rain stops after 20 seconds giving you time to attack Slimes and melt the shield.
- During the second phase, boss will convert the entire ground to a huge patch of Cryo dealing massive damages, followed by its triple smash attacks where icicles will arise on the ground and explode.
- These attacks will be repeated three times back to back.
- Seeds of Winter’s shield won’t protect the player from its triple smash combo attacks.
- Scarlet Quartzes will generate from time to time during the second phase and there will be a total of three of them.
- When the shield HP bar is shown, start attacking using pyro characters with Crimson Agates to melt away the shield.
- Once the shield is down, the boss will be stunned. During this use Elemental Reaction, Overloaded Reaction to deal both pyro & electro damage to Cryo boss.
- Pyro characters, Crimson Agates and Festering Desire will bring down a third of the boss’s health during this phase.
Phase 3 & Final Phase:
- The third & final phase includes the mighty Blizzard.
- Use the tips above to protect yourself during this third phase as the first phase will commence after this and it keeps repeating.
- Keep an eye out for Seeds of Winter near Ruin Braziers which keep appearing from time to time, as this indicates the starting of a powerful eruption attack from the boss that will drain most of your health.
- You will have five seconds to destroy the Seed of Winter to shield yourself from this attack.
- While shielded player will have just ten seconds to heal and revive the characters.
- Remember that the boss battle won’t pause while opening inventory. After this sequence repeats thrice, player enters the final phase.
- Save pyro character’s elemental bursts for this phase as you have to also keep yourself safe from all incoming attacks too.
- You will have to deal massive damage and defeat Resurgent Cryo Regisvine during this phase to avoid repeating the cycle again.
As Resurgent Cryo Regisvine is unique to this event and the entire game, the reward at the end is more than just satisfactory with Miraculous Essence & 2250 battle points if you defeat it within 300 seconds.
Hope this will make your boss battle easier than your last attempt. Don’t be shy to bring along a friend in co-op to make this task a bit easier. And make sure to share this article with your friend before the battle commences. With that cleared up, here are some more Genshin Impact guides that you don’t want to miss out on.