Fortnite on PS5 & Xbox Series X Runs at 4K/60FPS
The next-gen version of Fortnite is one of the launch games for the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Additional support details were revealed today.
Epic Games has released information about the next-gen version of Fortnite. This will be available for download on the respective release day of the new consoles – i.e. on November 10, 2020, for the Xbox Series X and on November 12th/19th, 2020 for the PS5.
Fortnite offers some advantages to the new consoles, including graphical improvements, but also 60 FPS in split-screen mode. You can read the official specifications below:
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X.
- More dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees that react to explosions, improved simulations for smoke and liquid, and completely new storm and cloud effects.
- The loading performance has been significantly improved thanks to the SSD, which not only optimizes the loading of textures. You also get into a match faster.
- The split-screen now supports 60 FPS.
The next-gen version of Fortnite is also being released for the Xbox Series S. However, as expected, the owners of this console have to accept some compromises due to performance. The shooter on the Xbox Series S only supports 1080p at 60 FPS. Also, only most of the visual enhancements available on the Xbox Series X are mentioned.
PS5 players benefit from DualSense support and the console’s special UI functions.
- According to Epic Games, the haptic feedback from the DualSense makes it feel like you are actually holding an SMG or a sniper rifle in your hand. In addition to the general vibration support, haptic trigger feedback is used.
- Select modes already on the PS5 start screen: Fortnite supports the PS5 activities, starting with the option of going directly to the Battle Royale lobby, where either solos, duos, or squads can be selected.
Finally, when you switch, you can keep all of your progress and purchases, provided you stay in the same ecosystem.