Is your PS4 controller stuck on the white light? Many players have experienced their PS4 controller flashing white unexpectedly. This often means that their controller is disconnected from the console itself. In such a case, it becomes frustrating as you might find it impossible to turn your controller back on. However, our troubleshooting guide will help you find a fix for this annoying error.
How To Fix A PS4 Controller Stuck On White Light
If your PS4 controller is stuck on white light, chances are that it might be trying to connect to your console or its battery level might be low. If the error persists even after waiting for a while, then try out our fixes below.
Power Cycle your PS4
Power cycling your console can usually fix any issues with a flashing white PS4 controller. Here is how to do it:
- First, hold the “power button” on your PS4 console for 5-10 seconds.
- Once your PS4 is turned off, do the same thing for your controller by holding the “PS” button.
- Now, you will need to completely unplug your PS4 console from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 1 minute, plug the console back and turn it on.
These steps will power cycle your PS4 entirely and most probably fix your PS4 controller which is stuck on white light. However, if this didn’t help, then check out our next troubleshooting solution.
Put Your PS4 Controller into Pairing Mode
Sometimes, putting your controller into pairing mode can fix your PS4 controller which is stuck on the white light. Here is how to enable the pairing mode:
- Simply press the “Share” and “PS” button on your controller.
- This will start the “Pairing Mode” and will help you sync the controller to your console.
If the controller turns back on and you complete the pairing process, then this method has worked for you. However, if nothing seems to change, then try the next possible fix.
Plug the USB Into Your Console
This might sound simple but it has actually worked for many PS4 users. All you need to do is take your USB cable and plug one end into your PS4 controller and the other into the console. You will probably be familiar with this method as you might have used it when you turned on the PS4 for the first time.
Plugging in the USB will solve any pairing errors that are causing your PS4 controller to be stuck on white light. It can also solve any low battery issues on your controller. But if this troubleshooting didn’t help too, then check out our last fix:
Reset your PS4 Controller
If nothing seems to work, then you will have to perform a factory reset of your PS4 controller. This will solve any bugs that may prevent your controller from working properly. If you have not done it before, then it can be very confusing. Follow these steps to easily reset your controller:
- Flip the PS4 controller with its bottom side facing you.
- At the top right corner, you will see a screw and also a tiny hole beside it.
- This hole contains the reset button. Use a safety pin or a sim card ejector tool to push the button.
- Hold the button for at least 5 seconds to perform a factory reset.
If you follow the above steps to the tee, then your PS4 controller will stop flashing white light.
With that, we have reached the end of our troubleshooting guide on how to fix your PS4 controller stuck on white light. For more tips and tricks like this, head over to our Video game guides section on Gamer Tweak.