The early phase for the COD Modern Warfare 2 is finally out. And players from all the supported platforms are quite enjoying the unique gameplay. That being said, some players are encountering an issue that restricts them from launching COD MW 2. This issue states that their operating system is not supported or compatible with the game. Not to worry, check out our guide on how to fix the Operating system not a compatible or supported issue in COD Modern Warfare 2.
How to Fix the Operating System Not Compatible or Supported Issue in COD Modern Warfare (MW) 2
As Windows 10 Operating system (OS) is the minimum requirement to run the COD MW 2, the game might not run for other operating systems. This includes any Operating system lower than Windows 10 (64-Bit). So, make sure that you are not using an outdated OS as it would not support the game.
Here are all the potential methods to resolve this issue in COD Modern Warfare 2:
If you are running COD MW 2 on Windows 10 or 11 and still facing these issues, it might not be the latest build. You need to make sure that your Windows is updated to its latest version. You can head over to the Windows Settings and hit the Windows Update option. Lastly, hit on the Check for Updates option to check for the latest updates. Once you have downloaded and installed the update, launch the game to check if the issue persists.
Turn Off the Compatibility Mode for Steam and COD MW2
Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, locate the Steam.exe file. Its default file directory will be as follows: Local Disk > Program Files (x86)> Steam.
- Right-click on the Steam.exe application and select the Properties option.
- Then, click on the Compatibility tab. If it is tick marked for the compatibility mode, you need to un-tick the option.
- Hit the Apply option and click the OK option to exit Properties.
- You need to follow the same steps for COD Modern Warfare 2. You can locate the executable file from Steam > Library > right-click on COD MW 2> Properties > Local files> Browse.
Reinstall the game
If the above options don’t resolve the issue, we suggest reinstalling the game. You can uninstall COD MW 2 and reinstall it. Then, you can launch the game to check if the issue persists.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the Operating system not compatible or supported issue in COD Modern Warfare 2. If you liked this guide, check out more guides on our dedicated section for COD Modern Warfare II right here on Gamer Tweak.