The most recent addition to the COD series, Modern Warfare 2 is finally out. That being said, it does support crossplay allowing players to connect with their friends from all supported platforms. But recently, some players are encountering issues as they send Friend requests to their friends or other players. This error restricts players from joining or inviting their friends to Co-Op. Not to worry, check out our guide on how to fix the Friend Request error in MW2.
How to Fix the MW2 Friend Request Error
There can be several reasons for this error. Firstly, make sure that your friends and other players do have an Activision account. Also, make sure that the 2-factor authentication is enabled on your account. While there is no word from Infinity Ward about this issue, there’s a workaround suggested by some players.
So, follow the below steps to fix the Friend Request error in Modern Warfare 2:
- Exit and restart the COD Modern Warfare 2.
- You need to download the Call of Duty Companion app on your mobile or tablet device. You can add your friends and other players from the app.
- Once you have installed the app, head over to its Settings.
- Then, choose the Account and Network settings and select the Activision account option.
- Login to your account where you will see all of your friends. Now, you need to inform your friends to add or invite you.
- This would prompt the friend requests option and allow you to accept friend requests. Alternatively, you can also invite other players using the Companion app.
Hopefully, Infinity Ward resolves these issues in their upcoming patch or updates. We will make sure to update this article if we get a word or if IW acknowledges this issue.
That’s everything covered on how to fix the MW2 Friend request error. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to get a Dragonfly Assault rifle, how to fix the Multiplayer crashing issue, and more COD Modern Warfare II Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.