As with many online games, there are plenty of issues and bugs as you play MW2. One of these has players waiting on the update screen for endless hours. While players wait for the game to update, it takes time before it crashes and restarts. Not to worry, here’s our guide on how to fix the COD Modern Warfare MW 2 “checking for update” issue.
How to fix the COD Modern Warfare 2 Checking for Update Issue
Similar to most COD games, MW 2 also runs an update check for new patches or content. But this can be annoying if it doesn’t get past that.
So, here are some potential methods to resolve this issue.
Restarting Call Of Duty MW 2 & Device
This is one of the most classic methods to resolve issues.
- So, exit the game and launch it again to check if you are still encountering these issues.
- If you are still facing this issue, we suggest restarting your PC or console.
- Then, launch the game to check if the problem persists.
Check Internet Connection
- You can encounter these issues due to technical connection issues. So, we suggest checking your internet connection.
- If you are using a wireless connection, you can reset your Router to resolve network issues.
- We suggest using wired Ethernet for a seamless internet connection.
Delete & Reinstall COD MW2
There’s a chance that the files are corrupted and a fresh install may fix those problems.
This should hopefully resolve these issues. But if it doesn’t you can head to the Activision Support Page for more assistance.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the COD Modern Warfare (MW) 2 “checking for update” issue. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how killstreaks and scorestreaks work, how to get proximity mine, and more on our dedicated section for COD Modern Warfare II right here on Gamer Tweak.