Huge games like COD that require constant monitoring often develops certain bugs or error. Moreover, Modern Warfare 2 is a new game so it is quite common for players to face issues or bugs. Recently, a verification error was encountered by players wherein 18 files were corrupted. Thereafter, there a new issue has been observed where the game shows 33/39/35 files failed to validate. This ultimately results in the game to crash or being unable to load at all. If you have been facing this issue, then you have just arrived at the right place. Check out this guide that features the steps to fix the issue wherein 33/39/45 files failed to validate in MW2.
How to Fix the 33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate Issue in MW2
Here’s what you can try to resolve the ’33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate Issue’ in the game:
Update the Game
For some players, the issue was resolved when they updated the game. Hence, check Steam the respective Store from where you have downloaded the game on your device. Also, make sure that the game is always up-to-date.
Clear Download Cache & Verify Integrity of Game Files – Fix 33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate Issue in MW2
- Head over to your Steam Client and click on Steam in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Further, click on Settings and navigate to the Download tab.
- From there click on Clear Download Cache and wait for Steam to restart.
- After that, log into your Steam account again and go to your Library.
- Now, right-click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare II and select Properties.
- In the Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files and wait for the process to complete.
- Those who are using Battle.net can simply repair the game by clicking on the cog icon next to the play button.
- This will mostly fix the 33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate error in MW2.
- Go to your Steam Library and right-click on COD MW2.
- Later, in the DLC section, unselect those DLC files that do not have any size mentioned on the right side.
- If the game is still showing the issue, then select those DLC files again and restart.
Reinstall COD MW2 to another Drive
- Firstly, uninstall the game from your device.
- Thereafter, reinstall it, but make sure that you have selected a different game directory this time.
- Launch the game after the installation. This solution fixed the 33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate issue in MW2 for many players.
These are all the reliable options to fix the 33/39/45 Files Failed to Validate issue in COD Modern Warfare 2. If you found this article helpful, then make sure to check out our other COD MW2 guides.