Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town is an agriculture-based simulation RPG that is part of a series previously known as Harvest Moon. In this game, you have to take care of a farm along with some other activities to build connections with other characters. It is something like Animal Crossing New Horizons with its calm gameplay style but it has unique vibe of its own. A new remake is hitting the market for PC and Switch which has the nostalgia of the original with some new additions too. We will cover various tips for this game on GamerTweak but in this guide, we will explain how to find a Fishing Rod in Story Of Seasons: Friends Of Mineral Town.
How to Get the Fishing Rod In Story Of Seasons: Friends Of Mineral Town
You can start fishing in Friends Of Mineral Town, but you won’t have a fishing rod at the beginning. There are some steps to follow if you want to get your hands on the fishing rod.
- Go to this location to meet a character called Zack.
- Once you head inside the wooden house on Mineral beach, you can talk to him. He will tell you that he has a Fishing Rod that he wants to give away. Zack doesn’t fish but he wants you to have it instead of throwing it away. Simply take it from him and you will have your very own Fishing Rod in Story Of Seasons: Friends Of Mineral Town.
Note that you can interact with Zack from 11 am to 4 pm on any day apart from a holiday. Plus, you should have talked to Zack at least once before and he should be inside his house. There also needs to be space in your tool inventory to get this rod.
How to Fish in Friends Of Mineral Town?
- To catch some fish with the fishing rod, you have to equip the rod first.
- Then press the Tool Button to cast the line in front of your character.
- Now it’s a waiting game. You have to wait until a fish bites.
- When it does bite, you will see that the bobber will shake.
- At the right time, you need to press the Tool Button quickly to reel in the fish.
- Sometimes, the fish can escape but don’t worry, you can try again.
Note that some locations don’t have any fish at all, so fishing there will be a waste of time. During such situations, it is best to start fishing elsewhere.
The type of fish will be determined by the location of fishing and season. If you keep trying at different locations and upgrading the Fishing Rod, you might even end up on some rare items and Guardian-class fish.
This is everything on how to get a fishing rod and how to fish in Friends Of Mineral Town. Be sure to keep an eye on GamerTweak for more guides. Meanwhile, check out our guides on other video games.