Fishing in Genshin Impact may be difficult if you don’t know where to look for fish, where to go, or what bait to use. In this game, fish may be used for a variety of purposes, including recipes, food, and even keeping some as pets. So, if you’re interested in learning how to fish, don’t worry, today we’ll go over all you need to know. We will look at how to fish, make fishing rods, make bait, fish respawn time, and more in this Genshin Impact Fishing Guide. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Fish in Genshin Impact?
To fish in Genshin Impact, you need to unlock fishing by completing “Exploding Population” World Quest in Mondstadt, once you have the “Player Housing System”. You need to go to fishing locations and cast their line into fishing spots in your Genshin map. Also, note that different fishes will require different fishing baits.
How to Complete Exploding Population to Unlock Fishing?
To get Exploding Population World Quest, you need to unlock Serenitea Pot System in Genshin Impact. Once done, here’s how to do Exploding Population quest:
- Find Adventurers’ Guild receptionist Katheryne and speak with her.
- Then find Mondstadt Angler, Nantuck in the City of Mondstadt.
- Complete the Fishing tutorial.
- Collect the rewards and go to Cider Lake.
- Once tasks there are completed, go back to Nantuck.
- Now go to Stormbearer Mountains.
- Find and catch any type of Ornamental Fish.
- Bring the Ornamental Fish to Nantuck, to complete Exploding Population world quest.
What is the Fish Respawn Time in Genshin Impact?
Fish Respawn Time in Genshin Impact is 3 days in-game from version 2.1. We also found some fish types still not respawning after this time frame, we believe we will need to wait more days for these fishes to respawn. Even though this time is not officially announced by the devs, skipping 3 days will respawn the fish types without much problem in the game. We will update this info if we find something more, or even if the devs announce anything related to this.
Also Read: How to Get 4-star The Catch Polearm Weapon
How many Fish Baits are there?
There are 4 different types of fish baits in Genshin Impact. They are:
- Fake Fly Bait
- False Worm Bait
- Fruit Paste Bait
- Redrot Bait
Fishing Bait Recipes and Locations
Here’s how to craft and get these baits:
|Bait Type||Fishing Bait Recipe||Get from||Where|
|Fruit Paste Bait||Sunsettia + Wheat||Exploding Population Quest||Fishing tutorial|
|Fake Fly Bait||Sakura Bloom + Horsetail||Nantuck||Mondstadt Fishing Association|
|False Worm Bait||Slime Condensate + Berry||Nantuck||Mondstadt Fishing Association|
|Redrot Bait||Dendrobium + Fowl||Nantuck||Mondstadt Fishing Association|
What is the Fishing Bait needed for each Fish Type?
Here are the fishing bait required for each fish type in Genshin Impact:
|Fish Type||Fishing Bait|
|Bitter Pufferfish||Fake Fly Bait|
|Golden Koi||Fake Fly Bait|
|Pufferfish||Fake Fly Bait|
|Rusty Koi||Fake Fly Bait|
|Abiding Angelfish||False Worm Bait|
|Brown Shirakodai||False Worm Bait|
|Purple Shirakodai||False Worm Bait|
|Raimei Angelfish||False Worm Bait|
|Tea-Colored Shirakodai||False Worm Bait|
|Aizen Medaka||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Crystalfish||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Dawncatcher||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Glaze Medaka||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Medaka||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Sweet-Flower Medaka||Fruit Paste Bait|
|Akai Maou||Redrot Bait|
|Lunged Stickleback||Redrot Bait|
|Venomspine Fish||Redrot Bait|
How to Get Fishing Rod in Genshin Impact?
There are 5 types of fishing rods in Genshin Impact, as of update version 2.1. They are:
- Wilderness Rod – Get during the Exploding Population world quest.
- Windtangler – Buy from Nantuck for x20 Medaka, x20 Aizen Medaka, x20 Venomspine Fish, and x20 Tea-Colored Shirakodai.
- Wishmaker – Buy from Jiawei (find him in Liyue Harbor) for x20 Medaka, x20 Sweet-Flower Medaka, x20 Betta, and x20 Brown Shirakodai.
- Narukawa Ukai – Buy from Kujirai Momiji (find her in Inazuma City) for x20 Medaka, x20 Glaze Medaka, x20 Lunge Stickleback, and x20 Purple Shirakodai.
- Moonstringer – Moonstringer will be available during the Lunar Realm event from September 10 to September 20, 2021.
That’s everything you need to know about Fish baits, rods, and more in our Genshin Impact Fishing Guide. While you are here, make sure to check out our other Genshin Impact Guides like Fishing Locations and Fish Spots in Genshin Map.