Elden Ring players are facing issues where their recently played savefiles just fail to start up. Even though there is no official fix from the devs till now, the community have found workarounds to this. So today let’s look at how to fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data in for Xbox & PC.
How to Fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data (Xbox & PC)
To fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data, you need to close the game from Xbox and remove it from the ‘Quick Resume’ then start the game again. You can also completely shut down your Xbox from settings to fix this issue. If you are on Xbox one, then you don’t have to worry about the Quick Resume part, just closing the game and starting it again from a completely new start should fix it.
Here is how to do this for Xbox Series X & S players, and prevent the error next time you load the game:
- Save Elden Ring and Quit from Main Menu
- Click on the “Xbox button” on the controller
- Select “Home”
- Now with the game title selected, click on the “Menu button” (controller)
- Now from the menu that popped up, click on “Quit”
- You can also go to “My games & apps” in Xbox guide
- Then click on “Quick Resume”
- Highlight the game you want to disable
- Now click on the “Menu button” on the controller
- Then click on “Remove from Quick Resume”
- Now Elden Ring is removed from Quick Resume
You have very less chance to face this save file error next time you load up the game. And for Xbox One players, as we mentioned above, just close the game and restart.
Elden Ring Save-Data Solution for PC
PC players usually get this error when trying to use a save file from friends or from the internet. But there are cases by users on Reddit & Twitter where normal players also get this error in their save file. So to tackle both situations, let’s look at a video from Cravotato, who explains how to fix this step by step. This video includes:
- How to back up your save file data
- Useful in case your current files get corrupted
- How to use save files given by other players
- This is useful for many players who bought the game but don’t lot of time to complete it themselves
Here’s the original video from Cravotato: