Many CoD MW2 players are facing the “Failed Fetching Crossplay Friends List” error and need a fix. As the name suggests, you won’t be able to access your friends list that you play crossplay with. But you need not worry as there are a few things that you can do when you get this problem. So here is how to fix the Clark Monterey error for CoD MW2.
How to Fix Failed Fetching Crossplay Friends List in CoD MW2
There is no official way to Fix this error as of now but there are some general fixes for it. Here is what you should do to fix the Clark Monterey issue:
- Restart the Game: Let us start with the most basic fix. This solution should work for both PC and Console players. Restart your game. PC players can even choose to restart their clients that is Battle.net or Steam.
- Restart your System: Another basic fix on this list. Close the game on your console or PC. PC players should also close the clients for better chance to fix it. Restart your system and then launch the game. The Clark Monterey issue should now be fixed and you should see your crossplay friends list.
- Disable Re-enable Crossplay: Since this is a problem with the game’s crossplay, disabling that option should help. Once disabled restart your game and renable it to see if it solves the problem.
- Turn off any Anti-lag Software: Many players use Anti-lag software to get a performance boost and not face lag. But this could also affect your game. Try disabling it for a session and see if it fixes your friends list error.
- Verify File Integrity: There is a chance you are getting this error due to corrupt game files. Simply use the client where you have the game that is Steam or Battle.net to scan the game files. It will replace any corrupted files. Now try playing the game and you should get your crossplay friends list.
- Update the game: This is the last option you have left. Wait for the developers to release a fix for this error. Once it is available, updating your game should help resolve the issue on its own.
That covers this guide on how to fix the failed fetching crossplay friends list (Clark Monterey) error for CoD MW2. Be sure to check out our CoD MW2 Wiki for more such fixes and other walkthroughs for this game.