Rust players may come across the message: Disconnected EAC Authentication timed out which can be frustrating. For those looking for the solutions, here are some of the various ways to fix the EAC Authentication Timed Out issue.
How to Fix EAC Authentication Timed Out in Rust?
These are some of the solutions for EAC Authentication Timed Out.
- Repair Easy Anti-Cheat or Reinstall it.
- Launch Steam from the Steam Library itself and not from the Shortcut.
- Verify the game files integrity.
- Give Admin Access to Steam and EAC.
The reason why users get the Rust Disconnected EAC Authentication Timed Out issue is because the game is unable to connect to EAC (EasyAntiCheat). Since some other things can also go wrong, we’ll explain the steps to try multiple methods to fix this problem.
Repair Easy Anti-Cheat or Reinstall it
- Launch Steam and find the game in your Library.
- Right click on the game’s name.
- Click on Properties.
- Select Local Files.
- Browse Local Files and find the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Next, double click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.
- Choose Rust.
- Repair Service from there.
- You can also uninstall Easy Anti Cheat and reinstall it.
Launch Steam from the Steam Library and not from the Shortcut
Just to check if that’s the reason behind the Rust Disconnected EAC Authentication timed out issue, try opening the game from the Steam Library.
Verify the game files integrity
This is a fix for many Steam games.
- Open up Steam.
- Click on Library and choose Rust.
- Right click and go to Properties.
- Head to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- After this, relaunch the game and see if the issue comes up.
Give Admin Access to Steam and EAC
- Make sure you give admin access to Easy Anti Cheat as well as Steam. When you run the .exe files for EAC and Steam as administrator, you should be able to play without this problem cropping up.
That’s all about the EAC Authentication Timed Out Rust Fix. With that done, don’t forget to head over to our Rust guides for more tips, tricks and error fixes.