Dragon Hearts are rare items in Elden Ring with whose help you can harness the powers of dragons in the game. This makes these items one of the most important parts of the game, and rightly so. The ability to harness the power and might of a mighty dragon can prove to be game-changing. Considering how important these items are, it isn’t hard to see why players want to get their hands on them so badly. If you too are among these players, we have got just the guide for you. Here, we will show you all you need to do to get Dragon Hearts and Dragon Powers in Elden Ring.
How to Get Dragon Hearts & Dragon Powers in Elden Ring?
To get Dragon Hearts, which will eventually get you Dragon Powers, all you need to do is kill a Dragon in Elden Ring. While this sounds simple, it is actually anything but. For starters, you will need to go out and look for dragons to battle with. Once you do find a dragon, battling it will be a completely different headache.
With that being said, there are a few dragons that are easy to defeat. You can continue reading to learn how to do so.
- The Giant Sleeping Dragon – To kill this dragon, you need to head over to the Fort Faroth Site of Grace. From here, head north to find this dragon. Upon finding the dragon, attack its wings and legs, and keep doing so until it dies. Doing so will give you a Dragon Heart. This dragon is easy to kill as it remains passive and in sleep for the entirety of the fight. Check out our Giant Sleeping Dragon Guide to learn more about how to kill this beast.
- Flying Dragon Agheel – The Flying Dragon Agheel is one of the easiest dragons to kill for Dragon Hearts and Powers in Elden Ring. As long as you have a level of 25, you can comfortably beat it. However, before you beat it, you need to be wary of its whip attack, its diagonal flight fire attack, and its stomping attack.
- Glintstone Dragon Smarag – You can locate this crystal-covered dragon towards the northwest of the Rose Church at the Lake of Liurnia. We recommend you only step in to fight this monster once you cross level 45. Not doing so will result in a complete waste of time. Apart from this, you will also need a minimum of +3 or +4 weapons.
- Magma Wyrm Makar – Go to the Ruin-Strewn Precipice Overlook to encounter this dragon. Make sure to have a minimum level of 55 to stand a chance of defeating this beast to get Dragon Hearts and Powers.
- Magma Wyrm – Make sure you have a level of 50 to battle this dragon. Head over to the end of the Gael Tunnel Mine to come face-to-face with this beast.
Once you defeat all of these dragons successfully, you will receive Dragon Hearts. Now, you can head over to the Altar of Dragon Communion to acquire powers.
Altar of Dragon Communion
To get to the Altar of Dragon Communion, you need to go to the First Step Circle of Grace. Once you arrive here, go to the west and move towards the beach.
You need to keep moving until you come across a group of monkey-men warriors. You will need to kill these warriors, after which you need to head into the Coastal Cave.
Once in the cave, keep making your way inside, killing any enemies that come across your path. As you reach the end of the cave, you will need to take part in a boss fight against two chieftains. Once you kill these bosses, keep proceeding in the cave until you arrive at an opening. This opening will take you to a small island, which is actually the Alter of Dragon Communion. You now need to go up the altar and interact with the Church of Dragon Communion.
Now that we know all about the Altar, let us take a look at the different Powers on offer from Dragon Hearts.
All Dragon Powers
- Dragonmaw – This Power requires 24 Faith, 16 Arcane, and 62 FP.
- Dragonfire – This Power requires 15 Faith, 12 Arcane, and 28 FP.
- Dragonclaw – This Power requires 17 Faith, 13 Arcane, and 42 FP.
So there you have it. This is all you need to know about Dragon Hearts and Powers in Elden Ring. As you can see, these are extremely important items in the game, so we recommend you do not miss getting them.
And now that you know all about Dragon Hearts, take a look at our Elden Ring Guides.