Final Fantasy IV, also known as FFXIV is a massively multiplayer online RPG that can be played in PvE and PvP modes. While players improve their character, they gain better statistics by collecting EXP in the game. Additionally, the main battle gameplay does feature a combination of physical attacks, weapon skills, and magical attacks. And although the game mechanism rivals other MMORPGs, the effects are said to be straining for some players. The brightness and flashy spell effects are not leaving memorable impressions on players. Thus many are looking to change their settings. This guide is for such FFXIV players who want to disable spell effects in Final Fantasy XIV.
How to Disable Spell Effects in FFXIV
While players have appreciated the graphics, it is the bright and flashy effects that are causing problems. As such this is a problem that needs to be fixed to smoothen the strain on their eyes. So here’s how to Disable Spell Effects in FFXIV:
- While in Final Fantasy XIV, you need to open the Settings Menu to Disable Spell Effects.
- From there, open the Character Configuration tab under the Active Help tab.
- Next, from the multiple options, toggle to the Character tab. Make sure that from the options on the left you have selected Control Settings while attempting this.
- While in the new window, you can spot the Battle Effects Settings at the bottom.
- From here, you can either lower the spell effects or disable them. We recommend you lower the effects instead of disabling them. However, if you want to disable spell effects in Final Fantasy XIV, select Show None for all Own, Party, and Others. Doing so will disable all round spell effects, not just yours.
- Just in case you want to enable spell effects again, the process remains the same.
That’s all on how to Disable Spell Effects in FFXIV. While you are here, make sure you check out our Final Fantasy XIV guides for more content with Gamer Tweak.