While motion blur can add to the horror effect in games, some are not comfortable with it and can lead to some disorientation or headaches. If you prefer the visuals to be devoid of any blurry effect, don’t worry, here are the steps to disable Motion blur in Evil Dead The Game on PC.
How to Disable Motion Blur in Evil Dead The Game
Unfortunately, there is no option or toggle button to turn off motion blur in Evil Dead The Game. You have to edit the game files for it, but do it at your own risk and also keep a backup of original files.
- First, close the game because you don’t want to change the game files while it is running in the background. Also keep Epic Games Launcher closed.
- Secondly, make the hidden files in a window visible by clicking on the View button on top and making sure that “Hidden Files” is ticked. On Windows 11, click on View > Show > Hidden Items.
- Now you are all set to get to the game files. Find the Config folder of Evil Dead which should be in a location inside this path:
- Find the WindowsNoEditor folder from there and open it.
- Click on the Engine.ini file in notepad format. Make a copy of it and save it on Desktop in case something goes wrong with your edited file.
- Now, in the notepad file that you wish to change, add a few lines of code at the very end and save the file:
- Some also recommend players to add
Once done, launch Evil Dead The Game and check if this made a difference and turned off motion blur. In case you feel like you prefer the default settings, you can paste the original .ini file in the folder or remove the new set of codes you’ve added to the current file.
Again, do this only if you know how to get things back to normal after changing the game files.
That wraps up this guide. Head over to our Evil Dead Game category to know more hidden secrets.