The open-world map of Diablo 4 known as the Sanctuary is a perfect treat for all the passionate gamers. With 5 major regions, this game has the biggest map in the series. With such a big map on display, there are countless activities for you to do. But before going head to head with Lilith and other creatures, you must know about every nook and cranny of the Sanctuary. So, what do all the icons mean on the Diablo 4 map? Or how big is it? Take a look below to know everything.
How Big is Diablo 4 Map? (Estimated Map Size)
The Fractured Peaks was the only region available to explore during the beta phase. We can safely assume its area to be roughly around 3.5 km × 3 km. That would mean that only the Fractured Peaks region is about 10Sq. km long. While comparing Fractured Peaks with the entire map, the total area could go around 8.5 km × 7 km which equals almost 60Sq. km.
Assuming this pattern to be almost accurate, we can say that Diablo 4’s Map is around 60Sq. km (23 Sq. Miles) long.
Diablo IV Map Icons Explained
You will unlock further regions after completing the main quests. This will also add new icons you must know about on the map. So, take a look below to know about the Diablo 4 Map Legends.
- Used as a Fast Travel Point
- An area occupied by Demons that you must clear out
- Small arena of monsters that you must complete for rewards
- A location filled with enemies whom you must defeat to earn rewards
- Gives the player a Shrine Blessing with various buffs
- World Tier Statue
- Interact with the statue to increase your World Tier in Diablo 4
- An NPC who sells armor, weapons, and much more to the player
- An NPC who forges, salvages, and repair Gear
- An NPC who can socket enchantments on the Gear
- Interact with this NPC to extract or imprint power on a Legendary Item
- World Tier 3 specific event wherein Lilith’s Demons grow stronger. Defeat them to earn Cinders and open Helltide Chests
- Zone Events
- Complete this Open World Challenge in each of the 5 Zones to get rewarded
Point of Interest & Collectibles
- Altar of Lilith
- Finding this Shrine will give the player a permanent buff
- Altar of Cleansing
- PvP feature used for removing the Mark of Blood from a player in Fields of Hatred
- Altar of Extraction
- Another PvP feature for converting Seeds of Hatred into Red Dust. Use it to redeem rewards at PvP Cosmetic and Mount Vendors
- It is a Legendary-passive that can modify specific weapons
As you progress through the storyline, you will unlock such map icons and visit there to do the respective thing in Diablo 4. To get a better understanding of the map, you can check out the Diablo IV Interactive Map created by Map Genie.
Now that you know about the important map locations in Diablo 4, ensure to make the most out of it. Also, why don’t you check out our Diablo 4 Review to get our insights on it? For a passionate player like you, we have plenty of Diablo 4 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak. Make sure to check them out.