Many CoD MW2 & Warzone 2 players are getting the Dev Error 6039 and need a fix. This can occur when you are trying to start the game but get a black screen with this error message instead. Or the game might even crash. In any case, the error is annoying as it prevents you from playing the game. So here are some ways you can resolve Dev Error 6039 in CoD Warzone 2 & MW2.
How to Fix Dev Error 6039 in CoD MW2 & Warzone 2
There are several possible ways you can fix the Dev Error 6039 error for this game. Follow this order and use the methods until one works for you.
- Restart the game: Let us start with some basic games. First, close your game and restart it. Players that play it on PC should also restart their clients. That is close Steam or Battle.net first and then restart them and launch the game from there.
- Restart your System: Another basic fix would be to restart your PC or Console and then try playing the game.
- Disable Anti Virus: At times Anti Viruses can interfere with your games. It happens when they fail to update their end with the latest version of the game or the Anti-cheat. This makes it a virus on their list and causes trouble when you try to play the game. So simply turn off the Anti Virus during the session you play the game. Once you are done you should turn it back on.
- Verify the Game files: Checking the file integrity is a good way to fix these errors. Both Steam and Battle.net give you the option to Scan your game files. Once you start the scan it will check for any corrupted files and replace them. After the scan is over you should restart your system and try playing CoD MW2 and you shouldn’t get the Dev Error 6039.
- Reinstall the game: In case the game files passed the scan but you are still getting this error. Then you should reinstall the game. After installing the game, try playing and check if you still get the error.
- Update your Graphics Drivers: Having your Graphics card drivers up to date is a good practice. At times drivers are specifically optimized for the games. So make sure you update your Nvidia or AMD graphic driver and restart your system. While playing Warzone 2 you shouldn’t get the Dev error 6039 now.
- Contact Support: If none of the above methods work, you should contact Activision support for this game. Explaining to them the issue should help them release some potential patch that work not only for you but also for users that are facing this problem.
That covers this guide on how to Fix the dev Error 6039 in Call of Duty (CoD) MW2 & Warzone 2. If you need more help on other topics of these games then be sure to check out our MW2 Wiki and Warzone 2 guides.